KVPY or Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is one of the premier national level scholarship program organized every year since 1999. The exam is organized by one of the premium institutes of the country named as Indian Institute of Science or IISc. The exam is conducted for the students enrolled early in graduation to the Ph.D. level. The primary aim behind the exam is to give ample opportunity to the science stream students to come forward and make your dreams come true.
- Everything you need to know about KVPY 2019 examination –
- KVPY Registration 2019:
- Selection Procedure:
- Application Fees:
- KVPY Eligibility Criteria:
- How can a candidate apply in KVPY 2019?
- KVPY Exam Pattern 2019:
- Syllabus for KVPY 2019:
- Preparation Tips for KVPY 2019:
- KVPY Admit card 2019:
- KVPY 2019 Result:
- KVPY Merit list for 2019:
- KVPY Interview Questions
- KVPY Exam Paper Pattern:
- Tips and Tricks for Cracking KVPY:
- Examination Centre
- Selection Process for KVPY 2020:
- Cut Off:
- KVPY Answer Key
The selection of the students is conducted by the performance in the interview and aptitude test conducted by IISc. The students who qualified the exam are academic pioneers, and the exam is conducted to reward the meritorious students and reward them for doing better in their career. The exam is considered in two tiers, the first tier is comprised of the test of communication skills and aptitude test and the second tier has the interview at its core. Every year thousands of students participate in the exam to embrace success.
The research and development sector India lacks talent as meritorious students are leaving the place to look for professional jobs as they are offering high-flying careers. Nowadays a lesser number of Indian students are the option of a career in R&D. The primary aim of KVPY is to attract meritorious and talented students towards R&D and science sector.
Everything you need to know about KVPY 2019 examination –
KVPY aims to identify the candidates who want to make their career in research and science and have a flair for the same too. This kind of students are known not only meritorious but are awarded for the fellowship to help them in completing their academic requirements.
The fellowship program adds up to the R&D segment of the country directly or indirectly. The program allows the students are studying in 11th class or have entered the 1st year of the graduation course in primary science stream.
KVPY Registration 2019:
Important instructions for filling the application form for KVPY 2019 form:
- Students can enroll in the KVPY registration through online mode.
- The registration for KVPY 2019 starts in the third week of July and to be continued for a month, i.e., the third week of August 2019.
- The KVPY application form is divided into three steps; the first is registration, followed up by filling details and payment of fees.
- Do know no modifications and corrections can be made after submission of the application form.
- Start uploading the scanned images of photographs in the passport size format and signature in JPEG/JPG format.
- Being specific the exact details are available on the official website with measurements. Like for the Photograph the size considerable size is less than 500 KB and for signatures the particular format that can be used is less than 200KB.
- PwD, ST, and SC will be required to upload their documents in the form of PDF on various portals.
- No need to take any printouts or send the physical copy of the application to any center.
Aptitude Test: Candidates, who are eligible and have successfully submitted their application forms, will be called to appear in an aptitude test organized both in Hindi and English language.
Interview: Candidates who are shortlisted upon completion of the Aptitude test will be called to attend the Interview process which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
- The charges for application differs for the students of a different category, i.e., for general category, the costs are 1000 INR, for SC, PwD and ST candidates.
- The candidates need to pay application fees by credit card, ATM debit card, and net banking mode.
- Fee payments are carried out by e-challans.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria:
Students need to check their eligibility criteria before filling up any KVPY application form 2019:
- Candidates having Indian nationality are the ones who are eligible to apply for the exam.
- For the SA streams, the students who have appeared in 11th standards having science subjects must have secured 75% marks while for SC, PwD, and ST the minimum marks to be secured by them are about 65% in science and mathematics in 10th standard.
- For SX stream the candidates enrolled in 10+2 or any equivalent exam should have scored about 75% if he belongs to a general category and about 65% are fixed for PwD/SC/ST, in various science subjects.
- For SB stream the candidates studying in the first year of UG courses and have opted for science subjects must have scored at least 60% marks or 50% for ST/SC/PWD in 10+2 exam.
How can a candidate apply in KVPY 2019?
The application process for KVPY 2019 is expected to start in the July month of 2019. The KVPY application form is accessed through their official website only. The various steps involved with the KVPY application process 2019 are elaborated below:
Step 1: Registration:
- The applicants are required to visit the official website of KVPY and register themselves online with the details as specified in the coming pages.
- An active mobile number and a working email id are required for the KVPY registration. But do remember the email id should be active so that the communication regarding the exam can be sent to your mobile number or email id.
- Once registered successfully every applicant will be sent a confirmation mail on their email id and the mobile number mentioned by them in their application form.
Step 2: Filling of Details:
- After completion of registration, every applicant needs to re-login with the auto-generated login id or username and the password he has received.
- The students need to fill out all his academic and personal detail in the applicants as specified in the application.
- Next step involves the uploading of scanned images or recent passport-size picture of the candidate. The photos to be uploaded should meet the respective specifications mentioned in the application, and the size of the photograph should not increase above 500 KB. Instead, it should lie between 500 KB to 200 KB.
Step 3: Payment of Registration Fees:
The candidates can look for paying for KVPY 2019 application forms by online or offline modes. Please note once payment process is completed and successful with the submission of application, there is no scope for a refund of money paid.
The candidates applying for the KVPY should check the application for, carefully before entering the final submission button for the same. As the authorities do not provide any provision of editing or correction once the application form is submitted.
Note: After the submission of application form a number is said to be generated automatically. Make a record of the same and for future reference can take a print out of the application form.
KVPY Exam Pattern 2019:
The exam pattern for KVPY is mentioned below:
- The exam is conducted through online mode only
- The language used in the exam is both Hindi and English.
- The exam is comprised of only multiple choice questions.
- In SA stream all questions are compulsory to attempt. In part 1 three section can be tried while in part 2 only two sections are allowed in SX and SB stream.
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
Syllabus for KVPY 2019:
For KVPY 2019, as such, there is no prescribed syllabus released by the concerned authorities for the aptitude test. The test is designed on the pattern if the understanding of the analytical ability of the individual rather than judging him on his factual knowledge. However, the candidates are advised to study B.Sc, M.Sc, M.S., B.S., B.Sc syllabus before appearing in the exam. A mock test is provided before the exam to make the students acquainted with the test pattern.
Preparation Tips for KVPY 2019:
- Try to practice various levels of questions to solve the paper in the minimum time allotted.
- Prepare a schedule or strategy on a daily or regular basis to master the pattern.
- The complete syllabus needs to be thoroughly revised on a routine basis to do well in the exam.
- Marking schemes should be known to be aware of the exam pattern.
- Being healthy is the success mantra for any exam to practice meditation and yoga for the best results.
KVPY Admit card 2019:
The applicant can submit the online registration form which is completed in all the aspects with the fees (as applicable) are issues with the admit card. The admit card needs to be downloaded from the official website of KVPY. Do know there is no other way by which you can have the access or download the admit card except the official website.
The KVPY admit card for 2019 is expected to be issued by October and will carry all details as filled by the candidates like Applicant name, Photograph, Exam Venue, Date of Birth, Registration Number, etc. The candidates also look forward to carrying the admit card and photo id for his identity proof to the entrance examination.
Various steps involved in downloading KVPY 2019 admit card are:
- Visit the KVPY official website.
- There will be a tab named as KVPY 2019 Admit Card.
- On clicking the window will ask you for your credentials.
- Enter your login details
- Your KVPY admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Now download and save it and the people can have a print out for future use.
KVPY 2019 Result:
IISC announces the KVPY 2019 results in the first week of December through online mode. The candidates can check the list posted on website shortlisting them after the declaration of result online.
Steps for the collection of KVPY 2019 results are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of KVPY.
- A tab for KVPY results 2019 must have been created click on it.
- Now enter your username and password in next window
- Check your details for KVPY 2019 results
- Take a printout or download the results for KVPY 2019.
KVPY Merit list for 2019:
After the declaration of result for KVPY 2019, a separate merit list is released as per the performance of the candidate in the merit list.
On declaration of KVPY results for 2019, the authorities release a merit list for separate streams. It depends upon the student’s performance in the exam or written test. On releasing the ranking list, the total marks are depicted in the descending order in the written exam.
The merit list for the KVPY is available category-wise mentioning the number of application and names of the qualifying student. The shortlisted students in the first phase of the exam are allowed to enter the KVPY 2019 selection procedure. The candidates are informed accordingly and are sent formal letters with the venue details of the interview round.
KVPY Interview Questions
Many websites on internet release the set of interview questions to read through before entering in exams. Knowing the type of questions makes the candidate strong enough to prepare for the interview exam beforehand.
KVPY Exam Paper Pattern:
- The examination mode is online, and there is no provision for any other facility.
- Duration is 3 hours.
- Languages used in the examination are Hindi and English.
- Question type used is multiple option questions
- Paper 1 is comprised of the division into two parts, part 1 and part 2. They are composed of four section in each element belonging to Mathematics or Biology or Chemistry or Physics.
- The marks allotted to Stream SX or SB or Stream SA are 100 marks.
- The marking scheme for part 1 in all the streams is one mark is awarded for every correct response while 0.25 are deducted for every incorrect response. The part 2 of Stream SX or SB or Stream SA for a proper response two marks are awarded while for a wrong answer 0.5 marks are deducted.
Tips and Tricks for Cracking KVPY:
- Do know about the exam as the same focus on core concepts and the candidate should have a good hold over them. It is quite important that these concepts are understood deeply rather than mugging them to apply them in different scenarios.
- Previous question papers are very much important to go through them once while preparing for the exam. The last paper question will give you the deep insight into the actual examination and its difficulty level, as it will help you in planning your examination accordingly.
- Start with books about 11th and 12th standards of different authors to practice multiple choice questions and use different reference textbooks.
Ask your guide to help you out with the best reference books but don’t buy too many as they will make stressed. Some of the books that you can use for references are:
Chemistry: Studying NCERT books are good for chemistry and for referring organic chemistry you can check O.P. Tandon and J.D. Lee.
Mathematics: NCERT and R.D Sharma can help you out through mathematics.
Biology: The NCERT books and AIPMT guide written MTG can help you in scoring a good score in the subject.
- The KVPY exam 2018, allows the candidate to select an examination center in the preferred city from the list available to him while applying.
- The authorities allow a center to every candidate depends upon his preferred list and availability of seats in that particular test center.
- For the exam, the candidate must carry the admit card in the form of photocopy and original for the exam.
- For instructions read through your admit card thoroughly before entering in the examination as if you fail to follow any instructions it can lead to cancellation of your test too.
- While entering the examination to check your clothes and belongings for any study material, gadgets or electrical items to be taken in the examination hall. As if you are found in possession of any banned things, your candidature can be canceled on spot of examination.
Selection Process for KVPY 2020:
The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination held for KVPY 2019. The selection process second round is comprised of interview round held at the third week of January 2020.
The candidates are informed priorly about the interview dates, venue and time through email or website. Once the interview round and entrance examination is completed the scholarship is provided to the candidates who were successful in both the round. Below are the documents mentioned have to be brought with the interview call letter.
- KVPY 2019 Application form
- KVPY 2019 Interview Call Letter
- KVPY 2019 Admit Card
- Class 11th and 12th original documents and passing certificate
- Self-Appraisal form
- Category form (if applicable)
- Study Certificate form
The selection process of KVPY is said to be consists of two phases, one of them is an aptitude test and the second one is a personal interview. The first phase of aptitude is the written test which allows to clear the cut-offs and will be called for the personal interview also known as the second stage of the KVPY exam, and its weight is approximately 25% in the result. The stage is crucial and offers a gate pass to your career too.
Be prepared for the panel of the interviewer as they ask questions about all subjects of science. There can be many questions too related to your 11th standard course.
For selection in the second stage, the candidate needs to clear the prescribed cut-offs. They will vary from one stream to another and can be different for the students of PWD department and with reservation. If you have any issue with the final marks than you can pay the prescribed fees and can send the paper for re-evaluation to the KVPY office.
- Once the written exam is over the cutoffs marks are published. The marks are calculated from 100 for all streams.
- For SA stream the General category cut off goes to 45 marks, for PwD 33 marks and for SC and ST it is 35 marks.
- For SX stream the General category cut off goes to 53 marks, for PwD 43 marks and for SC and ST the cut off is 43 marks.
- For SB stream the General Category cut off goes to 43 marks, for PwD the cut off is 33 marks while for SC and ST it is 33 marks.
KVPY Answer Key
KVPY releases an official key after few days of your examination. Once you check the answer key, you will get to know your aptitude test score. Download the answer key from the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can a school or college request bulk applications for their students?
A: No, every student should submit his application online.
Q: Can a candidate give his computer-based test in Hindi?
A: Yes, he can give his test in Hindi.
Q: Whom to contact for admission related queries?
A: You can email your queries [email protected] and will receive your answer in a couple of working days.
Q: When can I download my admit card?
A: The admit card is available from 1st week of October month by logging in through your application panel on the official website of KVPY. Examination center details and the candidate’s seat number is printed on admit card.
Q: Is there any advertisement in the newspaper to notify the candidates for filling up the form?
A: Yes, an advertisement is released in the national dailies every year on technology day, second Sunday of July.