If you are wondering about what to do after your 10+2 then try to look out for an exam that might allow you to get admission in a good university. It is often found that in the absence of a proper guidance, students choose a wrong academic prospect.
- What is UPSEE?
- Get the guideline for filling application form
- Application Fee:
- What about the cut off marks?
- UPSEE 2019: Important Dates
- What to prepare for the exam?
- What are the subjects?
- Know the eligibility criteria
- Distribution of admit cards
- Way to download the admit cards
- Match your answers with the answer key
- Downloading your answer key
- Can answers keys be challenged?
- Procedures of counselling
- Frequently asked questions
It is a fact that one can build a stable and good career only by choosing a course in their college level as it enables one to lead to the path of success. Opportunity is what a student looks for and the government of Uttar Pradesh have introduced an exam called UPSEE. The full form of UPSEE is Uttar Pradesh Entrance Examination.
If you have passed out their 12th exam with pcb or pcm combinations then you can opt for this entrance exam. In case you are facing difficulties in getting a proper detail about this exam, you can get the detail form this article.
What is UPSEE?
Every year the technical university of Uttar Pradesh organised an exam which is known as UPSEE. In this exam the students get a chance to get admission in courses like B.Pharm, B. Tech, B.Arch and many more. This entrance exam can be given by students for taking admission in both second and first year of an undergraduate program.
The name of the exam might suggests that it is only meant for the candidates who belong from the state of Uttar Pradesh but it is not so. This exam can be given by students belonging from all over India. In fact the NRI can also apply for it. This exam is conducted on a universal level as foreign national are also allowed to take part. Suppose who want to foster your career as a manager then management courses can also be availed with it.
One can take admission to different courses only after fulfilling different procedures that are associated with this exam. If you intend to sit for this test then you have to get adequate information regarding the syllabus, marking criteria, application form and the eligibility criteria. Eligible candidates are required to keep a track on the website of UPSEE for getting all the details. In fact this article is going to give you all the details regarding this examination.
As this examination is conducted in different cities so a candidate is required to select at least three cities while they submit their application. The university will grant subjects as per the availability of slots on an exam centre. It is always recommended to fill up the forms as soon as possible.
Get the guideline for filling application form
This section of the article will give you detailed information about the application procedures. Have a look at it –
- At first log in to the official website of UPSEE.
- The application form for the year 2019 will be available from 4th week of January on the website.
- The candidates have to register themselves by providing personal as well as educational details.
- After completion of the registration process, the student can get access to the application form. This form can be obtained by entering the registration number.
- Fill up each of the fields in the form carefully.
- Applicants are required to upload their scanned photographs and their signatures should also be scanned. The specification will be given in the form and it is to be checked properly.
- The photographs that are uploaded by the candidate should be in the JPEG format.
- The application fee is to be given through different modes and the payment modes should be in accordance with the given specifications.
- After making the payments the confirmation page of the form is to be printed.
- Correction forms will be available for a certain period of time. In case the candidates make any mistake in the form then they can get a chance to rectify it.
- The applicants are required to take the printed copies of the applications forms.
The candidates have to pay an amount of money for the application forms. It can be given with the help of different modes like debit card, net banking, credit card or mobile wallets. However there are certain specifications in terms of fee payments. Fees are charged on the basis of gender and caste.
For male/transgender: If you are male or belong from transgender community and you are a general candidate then you will have to pay a fee of rupees 1300.
For Sc/Female/St/PwD: If the candidate is female or belong from any of the low caste category then they can get certain compensation. These candidates have to pay only rupees 650 for their application forms.
What about the cut off marks?
This is perhaps the only factor that decides whether a candidate is going to successfully include their name in the merit list or not. The cut off marks is published alongside the result. As the UPSEE exams will commence from April’s third week so the result and cut off mark is expected to release in last week of the month of May. The cut off marks refers to the actual mark that is used for allowing a candidate to get admission in different courses of a good engineering or technical institute.
It is of immense significance to those who are an aspirant of engineering or other courses. For the students who are eager to know about he cut off marks can get a detail of the cut off marks of the previous year. In the previous year the cut off marks for general candidates ranged between 22-30%.
Now, you might have entrapped with the thought that what decides these cut off marks? For removing clouds of confusion the factors that affects cut off marks has been enlisted below for your reference.
- Number of seat that are available for the candidates.
- The number of total candidates.
- Difficulty level of the exam papers.
- Overall performance of candidates.
- Criteria for cut-off marks that was followed in the previous year.
UPSEE 2019: Important Dates
If you are recently going to sit for the UPSEE 2019 then you need to remember some important dates. Here is a list of dates along with events that are quite crucial for a UPSEE examinee.
|Some crucial events||Dates|
|Availability of application forms||January 3rd week|
|Exam of UG courses||April last week|
|Exam of PG course||May 1st week|
|Correction of application||February last week|
|Publication of answer keys||Between April and May|
|Result||May last week|
|Availability of Admit cards||April 1st week|
|Last date of application submission||February Last week|
|Counselling||June 4th Week|
What to prepare for the exam?
Syllabus is perhaps the important part of any exam and so, one need to know the syllabus for UPSEE. As wide range of courses are availed through this exam, so each of the courses have different syllabuses. It is better to prepare as per the course that you have chosen. You can check the official website of UPSEE for getting a detail about the syllabus.
The UPSEE exam is mainly conducted on 12 papers and the questions are objective type. Questions will be based on general awareness if you are opting for BHMCT or BFA courses. In order to obtain good marks, the candidates can refer to question papers of the previous year. If you know any person who has recently appeared for this test then they can give you some guidance.
It is quite essential that the candidates should prepare as per the syllabus otherwise they might land up in a difficult situation. As lakhs of student give this exam so high competition prevails. In order to get a chance in top engineering or architectural or management universities and colleges preparation is very important.
What are the subjects?
This entrance exam can only be given by those who had pcm or pcb combination of subjects in their 12th board. The subject list for UPSEE exam includes physics, mathematics, chemistry and biology. If any of the candidates do not have these subject combinations then he/she cannot be eligible for it. For the helping students to understand the pattern of subjects and the number of question that a candidate can get has been explained in a tabular format.
|List of subjects||Total questions|
|Biology, chemistry and physics||150 questions|
|B.Arch||100 questions and 2 of the
question are based on drawing aptitude
|Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry||150 questions|
|Diploma in pharmacy||75 questions|
|B.Sc (engineering)||75 questions|
So, the above mentioned list has given you an overall idea about the kind of preparation that you need to do for successfully passing the UPSEE. Students need to concentrate on their given subjects and they can also give mock test for evaluating their performances.
Know the eligibility criteria
The application form for the UPSEE can only be held valid if the candidate follows different eligibility criterion. A candidate is required to ensure whether they have fulfilled the criteria or not. Are you going to appear for the UPSEE? If yes, then you can go through the below mentioned criterion. The criteria has been categorised into three section namely age, education and nationality.
There is no age limit for this exam. Anyone who wants to get an undergraduate degree can fill up the forms for UPSEE.
Have a look at the nationality status of a candidate who wishes to sit for this exam.
- Only Indian citizens can apply for the UPSEE.
- If the candidate is a NRI or children of any Indian worker who is employed in Gulf or even Kashmiri migrant can also apply for it.
- Candidates have to bring Aadhaar card with them.
- A candidate who want to pursue the undergraduate course in pharmacy need to have passed 10+2 exam from a recognised board.
- The applicants should have a subject combination like biology, physics and chemistry.
- The total mark for qualifying this exam is 45% and 40% for the SC/ST candidates.
- The students must pass their 12th exam with a subjection combination of mathematics, chemistry and physics.
- The minimum aggregate for applying is same as for the undergraduate course of pharmacy.
- The candidate should pass their 12th exam from any recognised board.
- He/she should have computer science, or engineering drawing subjects in their 12th.
- They need to get at least 50% in 12th boards.
- The candidate should complete the graduate program in information technology or computer science.
- The aggregate mark in the graduation should be 50% and in case of SC/ST candidates the marks will be 45%.
- Apart from these courses the candidates can belong from any of the stream for pursing courses like MBA and other course that does not require presence of any specific subjects.
Distribution of admit cards
If you are preparing for the exam then you should know the details about the release of admit cards. The examinees cannot appear for the exam without carrying the admit cards in the examination hall. In order to get the date of issuing of admit cards one need to check the official website of UPSEE. Admit cards are not distributed via post to the students instead the students are required to download it via online mode.
In case of avoiding any sort of difficulties you should check the admit card for checking details like your name, roll number and other details. In case you found that any of the detail is incorrect then they can report it to the authorities.
Way to download the admit cards
Students who have successfully filled up their application forms can download their admit cards from the website. This section of the study is going to guide the aspirants to the way in which they can download their admit cards.
- Visit the official website of UPSEE which is upseee.nic.in.
- You will find a section of admit card, click on it.
- After clicking on that link you will get a space where you have to fill up details like form number, date of birth etc.
- Once you are done with filling up the given specification you will be able to download it.
- Take the print out of the admit card as you have to show it to the invigilator during the examination.
Match your answers with the answer key
After you give your UPSEE you will get answers keys after some point of time. Now, what is this answer key? This answer key is a list of correct answers which is published by the UPSEE authorities. It helps the students to know about the correct answers. One can get an opportunity to match their answers with that of the correct answers.
You might ask this question that what‘s its use? It can be utilised for getting an understanding about the total marks that you will obtain in your exam. You will be able to calculate score much before announcement of result. Candidates can make predictions about their chances of getting a seat in the top colleges across India.
Downloading your answer key
Those who have limited knowledge about the procedures for downloading answer can take a look at the below mentioned criteria.
- Go to the official link of UPSEE.
- You will find that a new page will be opened.
- The answer keys are given for each of the papers and you have to select answer keys as per your set.
- You will obtain the answer keys in the form of a PDF file.
- Download the file and get it printed.
So, the above mentioned procedures have given you an idea about the ways in which you can download your answer keys. It is quite important to know about the number of correct answers that you have attempted.
Can answers keys be challenged?
Suppose you have found that the answer that you have chosen is correct and that of answer key is wrong then you can challenge it. Howbeit you need to have adequate proof to show that the option published in the answer key is wrong. In order to challenge answer key, the candidates can send their queries to the university through email.
One needs to keep in mind that there is a specific period of time given by the university to challenge the answers. So, if you intend to challenge the answer keys then make sure that you send your grievances on time. Candidates are required to provide a scanned copy of the book from where they have got the answer. Here is a list of specifications or details that you need to provide in your email.
- Name of the student
- Application number
- Paper code
- Contact number
- Paper number
- Question number under suspicion
It is mandatory for the candidates to mention the above mentioned detail in the email for challenging it. After the authorities get appropriate proof that the option given in the answer is incorrect then a final answer key list will be published.
Procedures of counselling
The counselling for the year 2019 will probably commence from June. There will be multiple rounds of counselling and it will be conducted through online medium. For participating in this procedure, a student has to enrol their name and other relevant details.
However a candidate has to obtain rank for appearing in the counselling session. In case a student is unable to get good score or qualifying score then he/she cannot take part in the counselling process. After completion of this procedure the students will be given notification regarding taking final admission in various courses.
If you are still confused regarding the ways in which the entire counselling procedure is held then you can have a look at the below mentioned processes.
- Registration: The first step of the counselling is registering names and detail of the students. One can upload their relevant document on the official website.
- Verifying documents: The documents related to personal details as well as educational qualifications are to be brought on the day of counselling. You need to verify the document at the venue.
- Choice filling: In this procedure the candidate have to select their desired college or university. A student can get an opportunity to present their choices before the university. In fact the applicants can get a chance to edit their choice filling. However one should remember that this choice will highly dependent on the number of seats available in a particular college or university.
- Seat allotment: You need to enter the application number for knowing about the seat that has been allotted to you. In order to get admission in colleges the candidates are required to download the letter which is meant for seat allotment procedure. Suppose the college that you have selected is not able to allot you seat for your preferred subject then you will be given seat in other colleges with availability of that particular subject.
- Reporting: At the time of counselling students are required to be present at their allotted colleges. They have to bring documents with them. Students need to bring fee along with their documents. Seats will be cancelled in case a candidate is unable to present at the college on time.
Frequently asked questions
Q1) is it mandatory to send hard copies of the confirmation page to the university?
Q2) though my parents are resident of UP but I have completed my 12th exam outside the state, so am I eligible for this exam?
Ans. Yes, of course you are eligible.
Q3) actually I have done some mistakes in the application form of UPSSEE. So, what can I do now?
Ans. You have to wait till the publication of correction forms. You can make the changes in the form and then submit it.
Q4) is there any negative marking criteria in UPSEE?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking.
Q5) Can I get a chance of re-uploading my photo because I have forgotten to mention my name on bottom side?
Ans. No changes in the photo can be made after you upload it.
Q6) Can I obtain another confirmation page as I have lost the previous one?
Ans. Yes, you can get it by entering the password and application number.
Q7) can I apply for UPSEE through mediums other than online?
Ans No, you have to apply for it online.
Therefore, it can be said that all the students who are going to sit for their UPSEE have got enough information regarding eligibility criteria, important dates, counselling procedures, answers keys and other important considerations. It will definitely help them to remove any query regarding this exam.