GATE 2019 registration process has started. Higher education is one of the most important things for the future of any child. This is the reason why there are many educational institutes and colleges that provide this benefit to the students. Thanks to these universities and institutes, children from all over the country are allowed to have the education that they deserve so that they can make a successful career out of it. However, getting into these institutes is not for everyone. GATE examination can help you secure admission into some of the reputed Engineering colleges in India!
- GATE 2019: An Introduction
- Important Dates Of GATE
- Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2019
- Application Form Of GATE 2019
- Application Fee Of GATE 2019
- Correction Of GATE Application
- Exam Centre Of GATE 2019
- Preparation Of GATE Exam 2019
- GATE 2019 Paper Codes
- Syllabus Of GATE 2019
- GATE 2019 Mock Test
- Admit Card Of GATE 2019
- Answer Key Of GATE 2019
- Result Of GATE 2019
- How To Download The GATE 2019 Result
- Score Card Of GATE 2019
- GATE Cutoff 2019
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
There is a series of selection procedures which involve the entrance examinations. A student has to clear this examination in order to be selected for higher education into these institutes. One such examination is GATE 2019. Known to be one of the most well-known and tough engineering entrance tests, this one is for the students who want to have their education in the post-graduate field. Let us get to know a bit more about GATE 2019.
GATE 2019: An Introduction
The GATE entrance examination of 2019 will be conducted by the Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) Madras. The exam will be conducted in online mode on date 2, 3, 9 and 10th of February for a total of 24 papers. This time a new paper “Statistics” has been added to the examination.
GATE is a national level exam in India who wants to take admission in M.Tech/M.E and Ph.D. courses at IITs, IISc, GFTIs and NITs and many other top universities in India. The examination is generally conducted by IISc in Bangalore and all the seven IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE.
The candidates who want to sit for the GATE examination will be allowed to select only one paper of GATE for examination. The validity of the scorecard will be valid for three years from the date of the announcement of the GATE result for the admissions in M.Tech. The notification of the GATE 2019 will be released on the 6th of July 2018. The application form of the examination will be available from 1st September 2018. The GATE entrance examination 2019 will be conducted over 200 cities in India and in around 6 cities in abroad.
The scores and ranks of the GATE 2019 result will depend on the performance of the candidates in the examination. The candidates will have to apply for the IITs through the GATE COAP and for the NITs through CCMT.
New Rules Of GATE –
- GATE 2019 has included a new paper Statistics coded as “ST’’ in the examination
- Candidates are allowed to apply online even after the last date of the examination for an extended period but have to pay a late fee.
- The late fees for the candidates in India are Rs. 500 if they apply between the dates of September 21 to October 1. For those who are foreign candidates have to pay a late fee of 20 USD
Important Dates Of GATE
Those candidates who want to apply for the GATE entrance examination in 2019 have to make sure that their application is submitted successfully onto the official website of the entrance test.
This is a special request for the candidates that they pay their due fee and complete their online application process before the last date of the application ends. It is really important for the students to have all the important information that is essential regarding the examination.
Knowledge about the tentative dates is also very important as it will allow the students to ensure that they are all prepared. Those students who fail to submit their online application within the given time will not be allowed to sit for the GATE 2019 entrance examination.
Here are some of the important dates relevant to the GATE 2019. The candidates should have a proper look at them –
- Release Notification: The notification for GATE 2019 will be released on the 6th of July 2018
- Registration Of GATE: The registration of the GATE 2019 through GOAPS will start from September 1, 2018
- Last Date Of Registration: The last date of GATE 2018 is 21st September 2018
- Extended Date: The extended date of the examination of GATE along with the late fee is 1st October 2018
- Mock Test: The most test of GATE 2019 examination will be available from the third week of November. Candidates can practice them to know the pattern of the examination
- Admit Card: The admit card of GATE 2019 will be out on 4th January 2019
- Examination Date: The GATE 2019 entrance examination will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th of February 2019
- Answer Key: The answer key of GATE 2019 will be out on the third week of February
- Result: The result of the GATE examination will be announced on the 16th of March 2019
- Scorecard: The scorecard of GATE 2019 will be available on 20th March 2019
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2019
Not all the students are allowed to sit for the GATE examination 2019. There are certain criteria which the candidates have to meet in order to be eligible for the examination. Do you think the eligibility criteria is this important?
It gives the students a chance to know that whether they are eligible to apply for the entrance examination or not. Students must take special care that they meet all the conditions mentioned in the eligibility criteria to see if they match the list or not. If any student is found to be not eligible for the GATE 2019 entrance examination, then their application will be rejected by the authorizing institutes.
The eligibility criteria for the GATE entrance exam for the year 2019 are given below –
- Age Limit: The age limit for GATE 2019 is not given. Candidates of any age can apply for the examination
- Nationality: The candidates of the GATE 2019 should be an Indian citizen. However, the candidates from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, United Arab Emirates can also apply for the GATE 2019
- Qualification: The candidates who have applied for GATE should be in the final year or have completed the final year of Bachelor’s degree in Technology or Engineering. For the candidates who have studied nonprofessional course, they must have completed post-graduation in any subject of Science
- Percentage: There is no minimum pass percentage for the candidates in order to be eligible for the GATE 2019 examination
Here are some lists of the eligible courses for GATE 2019
- B.Sc (Research)/ B.S
- M.A/M.Sc/MCA or any equivalent course
- Professional Society Examination(equivalent to B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch)
- Integrated M.Sc/ Integrated B.S/M.S
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech or maybe both after the 12th examination
Application Form Of GATE 2019
The application form of GATE 2019 will be released by IIT Madras on 1st of September 2018. The whole process of the application will be done through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The final date for filling the application form is 21st of September 2018. If any of the candidates fail to submit or fill the application on time then he or she will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
Here a few steps are given which the candidate can follow to fill the application form of GATE 2019 –
- Registration: First of all the candidate has to register for GATE 2019 through the GOAP. The candidates have to fill their name, mobile number, email ID and submit them. After the candidates have registered themselves, they will be provided with a generated enrolment number. The candidates will also have to create a password so that they can log in for future purpose
- Filling Of Application Form: In the next step will be asked to submit their personal information, academic, contact, college, valid ID and photo details. the candidates will also have to select the GATE papers and the center of the examination
- Uploading Images: The scanned images of the signature and the photograph of the candidate should be uploaded by the candidate as per the specifications that are mentioned by the authorities. If the candidate is not of general category then he or she has to upload the category certificate
- Payment Of The Fees: The payment for the fees of the application form has to be done through online mode i.e. debit card/ credit card/ net banking. It is important that the students pay the fee before its due date to avoid problems
- Form Submission: After completing all the specifications, the last thing the candidate has to do is submit the application form that is filled to the website and the process is complete
Application Fee Of GATE 2019
The application fees should be paid by the candidate so that their application gets accepted. It is a request to all the candidates that they pay their fees without any delay and within the given period of time. Any student who is not able to pay the due fee will have his/her application rejected by the authorizing institutes. It is to be noted that the application fee might vary from student to student. Here are the application fee details of the GATE examination –
- Male: For the male candidates whether general or OBC, the candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1500 and in case of extended the application fee will be Rs. 2000
- SC/ST/PwD/Women: The application fees for the SC/ST candidates as well as the female candidates is same i.e. Rs 750
- International Students: The application fees of the students belonging from the international countries like Dubai and Singapore is $100 USD. Whereas the students from Nepal, Dhaka, Colombo and Addis Abba is $50 USD
Correction Of GATE Application
- If the candidates realize that they have filled the wrong information in the application form them they can correct the information in the application form from the second to third week of November.
- During the procedure of the correction of the information, the registered candidates will be allowed to change some of the information that after logging into the GOAPS account.
- However, the candidates will have to pay a certain amount for the changes they have to make. The candidates should keep in mind that not all the information will be open for correction. Some of the information cannot be corrected once the candidates have submitted the application.
Exam Centre Of GATE 2019
The candidates will be allowed to select the examination center of their choice while filling the application form of GATE 2019. The IIT Madras will announce different cities where the examination will be conducted under the eight zonal centers namely IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur.
Preparation Of GATE Exam 2019
GATE is considered one of the toughest engineering exams till date and is cracked by very few candidates. So, it is important for the candidates to keep their preparation on full swing and read all the important information regarding the pattern of the exam and the syllabus of GATE 2019 along with sample papers.
It is important that the candidates should be familiar with the exam pattern of GATE 2019 so that they can prepare themselves well for the examination. Checking the pattern of the exam will help the candidate to know the nature and type of the questions, the duration, and mode of examination etc. Mentioned below is the exam pattern of GATE 2019. The candidates should have a look at them –
- Mode Of Exam: The GATE 2019 entrance examination will be conducted through online mode only. No offline mode is available for the exam
- Duration Of Exam: The candidates will get total 3 hours duration for the exam</p
- Papers: The GATE 2019 examination will have a total of 24 papers
- Section: The exam generally has two sections mainly General aptitude and the subject that the candidate has selected
- Nature: The questions asked in GATE 2019 will be of multiple choice questions. No comprehensive questions will be asked of the candidates. The total number of questions asked will be 65 out of which 10 questions will be from general aptitude. If the candidate gives a wrong answer hen 1/3rd mark will be deducted for the questions which have 1 mark and ½ mark will be deducted for the questions which have 2 marks
GATE 2019 Paper Codes
The examination of GATE 2019 will be conducted for 24 papers. It is important that the candidates remember all the paper code of the entrance exam as they have to enter the codes while filling the application form or during other processes of the examination. The students can get the paper code on the website of GATE.
Syllabus Of GATE 2019
Before the students start the preparation for the GATE 2019 entrance examination, they should have a look at the syllabus first. This will give them a better idea of preparation. The syllabus of GATE 2019 will be quite different from the discipline that the candidates have selected and studied. The concepts and the topics that the candidates have covered in their graduation and post-graduation will all be covered by the syllabus of GATE 2019. However, in the case of general aptitude paper, the selection remains the same for all the students.
GATE 2019 Mock Test
The authorities of the GATE 2019 will be releasing the mock test of GATE 2019 soon on the third week of November 2018. The candidates who are going to appear the examination will be able to practice for the exam through the mock test of GATE 2019. The format of the mock tests will be constructed by the authorities of GATE 2018. Since the exam patterns are going to be similar, the candidates can practice the tests very well.
Admit Card Of GATE 2019
The admit card of GATE 2019 will be released by IIT Madras through the online mode in January 2019. The candidates will be able to log in through GOAPS using their email ID or GATE enrolment number, registration ID or date of birth. The admit card of GATE 2019 is an important document that the candidate has to print and download. The candidates have to produce the admit card in the examination center.
In any case, if the candidates forget to bring the admit card in the examination center then he or she will not be allowed to sit for the examination. The candidates are also asked to bring a photo ID proof along with the admit card.
The GATE admit card 2019 will have the personal details of the candidates along with their address and the venue of the examination. The candidates can bring the photo ID proofs like passport, Pan Card, Voter ID, Valid college ID, Aadhar number, Employee Identification Number, and Driving License. The international students have to bring a passport, College ID, government issued ID, employee ID etc.
Answer Key Of GATE 2019
All the correct responses to the questions that are asked in the GATE 2019 exam will be available in the answer key of GATE 2019. The official answer key of GATE 2019 will be released by IIT Madras in the third week of February 2019. The candidates can check the answers with the help of the answer key and see if how many of them are correct. This way the candidates can get the probability of the marks that they are going to score in before the result is announced.
Result Of GATE 2019
The result of GATE 2019 will be released by IIT Madras on 16th March 2016. In order to download the GATE 2019 result, the candidates have to submit their email id, enrolment id, date of birth and registration number. The GATE result will present all the details like the ranks and scores secured by the candidate. The candidates who secure score that is more than or equal to the cut off will be allowed to download the scorecard of GATE 2019.
How To Download The GATE 2019 Result
For downloading the result, every student has to follow some steps to make sure that the downloading works properly. Here we have mentioned these steps for you. Students must make sure that they follow each and every single step to have their results.
- The first thing that they need to do is provide the enrolment ID, the date of birth, and the registration number as well. Without this information, the students won’t be able to log in to their account
- After the entering of the details, the students have to click on the section that says ‘Submit’
- After the details have been submitted successfully, the results will be properly displayed on the computer screen
- Those candidates who have passed the GATE entrance examination will be able to download their scorecard and this scorecard can be used to get admission into the prestigious colleges and universities
Score Card Of GATE 2019
The GATE 2019 scorecard will be provided to the students from the month of March to the month of May in the year 2019. The core card for GATE 2019 is also provided to all the candidates who have successfully met the cutoff. However, one thing must be kept in mind that the scorecard is available for download for just a limited amount of time. The validity of the scorecard is also limited. It is known to us that the scorecard for GATE 2019 is apparently valid for just three years starting from the result announcement.
The scorecard for GATE 2019 contains some important details that students should know about. The candidate’s name, the registration number, the attempted papers of the student, the total GATE score in the examination out of 1000, the Raw Score and other important pieces of information.
GATE Cutoff 2019
The cutoff for GATE can be defined as the number of marks that the student has to obtain in order to be qualified for the admission. The cutoff is basically a screening process which can be used by different institutions to make sure that they have eligible candidates for educating.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the last date of submission for GATE application form in 2019?
A: It is the 21st of September 2019.
2. Is the examination available in offline mode?
A: No, the exam is available in online mode only.
3. Which institute conducts the GATE entrance?
A: IIT Madras.