JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is the gate to take admissions in the reputed engineering colleges in India. The JEE 2019 is going to be organized by anyone from the seven Zonal Coordinating IITs. It organizes the exam on behalf of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). JEE is a national level entrance exam of India. Students who want to make pursue their career as an engineer can sit for this entrance exam and get admission in Integrated Masters, Bachelor’s, or Bachelor-Master dual degree of engineering.
- Exam Date of JEE Advanced 2019
- Registration Of JEE Advanced 2019
- Registration Fee
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Pattern Of JEE Advanced 2019
- Exam Syllabus Of JEE Advanced 2019
- Preparation Tips For JEE Advanced 2019
- Admit Card Of JEE Advanced 2019
- Answer Key Of JEE Advanced
- Result Of JEE Advanced 2019
- JEE Advanced: Frequently Asked Questions
In the year of 2018, the JEE was conducted by IIT Kanpur of India. Clearing the JEE 2019 students can get admission in Sciences, Architecture or Engineering courses. If you want to be an engineer then in this article we will give you a detailed explanation about the JEE advanced 2019. All the important details such as the exam dates, the eligibility criteria, the cutoff and the results are notified in the article to help the students get a clear idea of what they are getting into.
Exam Date of JEE Advanced 2019
Those students who want to apply for the JEE entrance exam in the year 2019 need to submit their online application on the given date. It is requested to all the students to have a look at the schedule mentioned below to have a proper idea of all the important dates as well. Any candidate who submits the application after the passing of the last date will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
If you are looking for appearing in the JEE advanced 2019 then here are some important dates relevant to the JEE advanced 2019. Take a look at them. The official dates and other related information are announced by the authority. If there is any change in the dates or if the candidates have any confusion then they can visit the official website of JEE .
Here are some important events and dates associated with this examination –
- Online Registration Date: The date for the online registration of JEE advanced will start in the first week of May in 2019. The candidate should not delay time in registering their name
- Closing Date Of The Registration: The closing date of registration of JEE advanced will be on the 2nd week of May 2019. It means that the candidate will have only one week for registering their name
- Admit Card: After the students have registered their name, it is time for the release of admit card. The admit card of the JEE advanced 2019 is expected to be released by the third week of May
- Exam Date: The JEE advanced 2019 will be held on the third week of May itself
- Response Sheet: The response sheet for the exam will be sent to the candidate on the 4th week of May
- Answer Key: The answer key of JEE advanced will be released in the last week of May 2019
- Result: The result of the JEE Advance 2019 will be out on the 2nd week of June 2019
These are all the important dates that the students should know if they are appearing for the JEE entrance examination this year. It is important for all the candidates to be on time for all the events that are mentioned above. In case any student misses any event, he/she will not be permitted further.
Registration Of JEE Advanced 2019
For all the students who want to apply for the JEE entrance test, it is important to register their names on the allocated date. The entire process is very simple. However, for those who want to have a detailed idea, we have the below-mentioned details for you. You may also check – Engineering entrance exams.
The official authority of the JEE will be releasing all the information relevant to JEE before the application form. With the information provided by the authority, the candidates will get all the information that is needed for the registration and the process of form filling. Here is some information regarding the registration of JEE advanced 2019 –
- The students will be allowed to start the registration for the JEE advanced 2019 form the first week of May 2019
- The registration for JEE Advanced can be done through online mode only. No offline mode is available
- After the candidates have finished registering their names, the next thing they have to do is to fill all the educational and academic details. It is important that the students should keep their documents ready from before. Running for documents in the middle of the filling process takes time. The candidates also have to choose the exam center according to city preference available
- After filling up all the academic details, the candidates have to upload their scanned passport size photo and their signature. They also have to pay the mentioned application fee for the exam
- The authority will not be responsible for any mistake that is made on the form. One thing to keep in mind is that, once the form is submitted, the candidates cannot correct it anymore
Here are the documents that the candidates will need during the time of registration. It is essential for all the candidates to have the important documents that are mentioned below. Without these documents, the applicant won’t be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Certificate of HSLC that has the date of birth of the candidate mentioned in it or candidates can also give their birth certificate
- Certificate of class 12 or any equivalent examination. It is both for those who have appeared the HS in 2018 or whose result has been declared after June 2017
- If the name of the candidate is not same as it was in class X certificate then attach the gazette notification that tells about the change of the name
- If the candidate is not of the general cast then he or she has to show his cast certificate
- If applicable then the candidate also has to show OCI certificate or PIO card
The candidates are allowed to pay the fees through online i.e. through net banking or debit card or they can also opt for the offline mode by the SBI challan mode. However, the candidate should keep in mind is that the registration fees are neither transferable nor refundable.
It is also to be noted that the registration fee for the candidates may vary from one to another. For some more light into the subject, we have provided information about the fees that are required from the male and the female candidates.
|Female Candidates||1300 INR + GST|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||1300 INR + GST|
|Other Candidates||2600 INR + GST|
The registration fees for the SAARC countries in USD160+GST and for the non-SAARC countries are USD300+GST. If the students are interested in applying for the examination, they need to make sure that their fees are paid on the date that is given in the schedule. Any student who fails to do that will not be allowed to proceed further with the exam.
Before the students start to fill out the application form, it is important that they should go through eligibility criteria. The candidates should check if they meet the given criteria to sit for the JEE advanced 2019.
If the authority finds that any student is not eligible then their application will be rejected right away. So, it is really important that the students understand how essential it is to see if they are eligible to apply or not. You may also check – GATE 2019.
Here are some of the basic criteria that the candidate has to meet to sit in the JEE Advanced 2019 –
- Nationality: Since it is an exam conducted in India so the Indian students are not any question. Remaining OCI/PIO and other foreign candidates can also apply for the exam
- Age Limit: The age limit of the candidates who are appearing in the JEE Advanced is one more important criteria. The candidate should be born on or after 1st October 1994. However, the ST/SC and the PWD candidates get 5 years of age relaxation
- Number Of Attempts: The candidates are not allowed to appear the JEE advanced again and again. They can attempt only two times in consecutive years. After this, the students are not allowed to register for the JEE advanced anymore
- Here are important criteria that the candidate should know before appearing in JEE Advanced 2019 –
- JEE Main 2019: It is mandatory for all the candidates to appear in the JEE Main 2019 in order to appear in the JEE Advanced 2019
- Performance Of JEE Main: If the students are to sit for the JEE Advanced 2019 then they have to come under the top 24,000 students who have appeared for the JEE Main 2019
- Appearance In HS: For those candidates whose results for Class XII appeared in 2017 are declared by the board after the June 2017, then they are also eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2017. The candidate should not have been admitted in any IIT irrespective of whether they have continued the program or had accepted any IIT seat due to the pat reports. Also, the candidates whose admissions had been canceled after the joining of any IIT are not eligible at all to appear the JEE Advanced exam
- Earlier Admissions In IIT: For the candidates who have been studying in the IITs for any preparatory course in the year 2018 can also apply for the JEE Advanced 2019. The candidates those who had already paid the seat acceptance before but did not report in the institution or might have withdrawn in the last round during the seat allotment process or those who canceled their seat before the last round of the joint seat allotment of the IITs are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2019
- Marks: The candidates should at least have a minimum of 75 % marks in all subjects. While in case of SC and ST the minimum marks are 65% in the HS exams. In case of the candidates who have appeared in HS or equivalent in the year 2018 but again reappeared in the year 2019, the best of two percentage will be taken into consideration
If the student qualifies all the above-mentioned criteria, then they will be able to apply for the examination.
Exam Pattern Of JEE Advanced 2019
It is very important that the candidate should know about the exam pattern of JEE 2019. It will help them in preparing for the exam in a better way. So, here are few points that tell about the exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2019 –
- Mode: From the year 2018 the JEE Advanced has been conducting the exam in online mode. The last exam conducted in offline mode was in 2017
- Paper: The JEE Advanced will basically consist of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. T is compulsory for the students to appear both the papers
- Duration: Talking about the time duration, for each paper the candidates will get strictly three hours. However, for the PwD candidates, some extra time will be given to them
- Question Types: There will be no comprehensive questions asked in JEE Advanced 2019, only multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam
- Language: The questions in the exam will be asked in two languages Hindi and English. The candidates can choose language according to their comfort
- Subjects: The JEE Advanced questions will basically be asked from 3 subjects I.e. Chemistry, Maths, and Physics
- Negative Marking: The authorities have set a provision in case of negative marking. However, it is different in case of all the subjects
Exam Syllabus Of JEE Advanced 2019
There is certainly no doubt that JEE is one of the most popular and important exams that the students give. The main aim of the test is to make sure that the institutes select the best candidates who can make a proper career for themselves. So, for those who are interested in applying for the exam, it is important to be prepared.
Knowing the syllabus will be a great help in that. The syllabus will tell the students a lot about the questions that will be asked in the exam of JEE. This will also help them in their preparation.
The syllabus of the JEE Advanced 2019 is given below as follows. It is known to all that the syllabus comprises three subjects only Physics, Maths and Chemistry –
- Physics: From Physics the questions asked in the exams will be from the topics like Thermal Physics, Mechanics, General, Optics, and Modern Physics, Electricity and Magnetism
- Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry
- Mathematics: From Mathematics, the questions asked will cover the topics from Trigonometry, Algebra, Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus, Analytical Geometry and Vectors
- AAT Exam: In case of AAT exams the candidates will ask the following: Geometrical Drawing, Analytical Drawing, Freehand Drawing, here-dimensional Perception, Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity. Questions from Architectural awareness will also be asked
The candidate needs to score good marks in each of these sections and subjects to qualify for the interview and the process of selection. If a student fails to score good marks, they will not be permitted to get an admission in the institutes.
Preparation Tips For JEE Advanced 2019
Preparation is the key when it comes to the JEE entrance test. Each and every single student who wants to crack the exam needs to make sure that they have prepared well for the exam. However, a little help every now and then is a good thing. Don’t you worry as we have some great tips for you.
- Here are some tips and tricks that the candidate can use while they are preparing for JEE Advanced 2019. It might not be helpful for all but the candidates can go through this once –
- Candidates can practice the mock test every now and then. They should make it a habit before they appear in the actual test. It is one of the best ways that will make the candidates familiar with the exam pattern and the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates can also make a scheduled routine and study all the subjects accordingly. Make sure to go deep into the subject while studying.
- Candidates should collect all the study material related to the examination and prepare accordingly. Students will get the officially prescribed syllabus in the main site of the JEE.
- Candidates should not choose any book randomly and start studying. Search for all the correct study material and then start. It will helpful for them if they go through the NCERT books while they are preparing for the JEE Advanced 2019.
- Candidates can also solve the papers of previous years as much as they can.
- The exam is in online mode. So, they can buy as many mock tests as they can and practice at least one set days before the exam
- The candidate should keep themselves healthy and fit and revise everything on a daily basis
Admit Card Of JEE Advanced 2019
The admit card of JEE Advanced will be out by the third week of May 2019. However, before the candidates get the admit card of JEE Advanced 2019, they have to go through the following guidelines which are mentioned below –
- The candidates will get their JEE Advanced admit card through online. Once the admit is out, they can download it
- The admit card of JEE Advanced 2019 will be released t in the third week of May 2019
- The admit card will have the photograph and signature of the candidate. It will also have all other details that are related to the examination
- If there is any discrepancy in the admit card of the candidate which is printed, then it is important that should contact the Chairman of JEE Advanced 2019 of the Zonal Coordinating IIT
- The candidates are also required to bring an original photo Id proof on the cate of the examination
Answer Key Of JEE Advanced
- The answer key of the JEE Advance will be released by the authority after two or three days of the examination. The response of the candidate’s mark will be sent to them through their respective email ID. The answer key of the JEE Advanced will be released through online mode
- The authority has provided a candidate portal through which the candidate can send their feedback about the answer keys sent to them. However, the candidates will not be able to send any feedback after the prescribed date for the respective activity
- The authority will prepare a common rank list. However, for the preparatory courses, a merit list will be created category-wise separately
Result Of JEE Advanced 2019
JEE entrance announces the results for the candidates to see whether they have qualified the examination or not. Those students who have qualified will be considered for the interview and other selection procedure. The cutoff marks of the JEE entrance examination is announced just a few days before the announcement of the results.
The cutoff marks help the students to understand whether they are qualified or not. The students who are not able to clear the cutoff marks will not be considered as qualified. The candidates should look for the following points given below in order to get the result of JEE Advanced 2019 –
- The result of JEE Advanced 2019 will probably be declared by the second week of June 2019
- The candidates who have appeared can check the JEE Advanced result through the online mode only
- After the declaration of the result, all the marks and the names of the candidates who have qualified will be displayed in the online portal of the JEE entrance exam
- Apart from that, the students who have qualified will also receive a text message from the authority notifying them about their results and marks obtained
- However, the candidates will not get an individual rank card unless they download them
JEE Advanced: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there any scope for making corrections in the application form for JEE Advanced?
Answer: The candidates can make corrections and changes before the form is submitted. After that, it is not possible.
Q: Is the JEE AAT admit card available?
Answer: No, there is no separate admit card available for the JEE AAT. Students can use the JEE advanced admit card for that.
Q: When is the date for the JEE Advanced Exam?
Answer: The JEE entrance exam starts from the 3rd week of May.
Q: Can I apply for JEE Advanced without applying for JEE Mains?
Answer: No, students have to qualify JEE Mains first.