AIBE is a national level exam that is organised by the Indian-BCI Bar Council. The All India Bar Examination is basically designed with the purpose to fulfill or evaluate the capability of all the advocates that have this strong desire to practice in India. This is one of those tests that needs “Certificate Of Practice” so that the aspirants are able to join to the legal profession in an efficient manner. The certificate is provided to all the candidates by BCI who get qualified in the written test of AIBE. This examination has now been taken to 40 cities all over India.
- Exam Dates Of AIBE 2020
- AIBE 2020 Application Process
- AIBE Eligibility Criteria
- AIBE Exam Pattern
- AIBE 2020 Admit Card
- AIBE 2020 Result
- What Subject Is AIBE Comprised Of?
- How To Prepare For AIBE 2020?
Exam Dates Of AIBE 2020
Those students who want to apply for the AIBE exam in the year 2020 need to submit their online application on the given date. It is requested to all the candidates to have a look at the schedule mentioned below to have a proper idea of all the important dates as well. Any candidate who submits the application after the passing of the last date will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
Important Dates & Schedule
If you are looking for appearing in the AIBE 2020 then here are some important dates relevant to the AIBE 2020. Take a look at them. The official dates and other related information are announced by the authority. If there is any change in the dates or if the candidates have any confusion then they can visit the official website of AIBE
- The online registration or the application form date will be on the 3rd week of January 2020
- The payment can be made through Bank challan. The challan date will start from 3rd week of January 2020
- The online Registration Closing dates & Offline application form sales date will on the 4th week of February 2020
- Closing of payment through Bank challan of online & offline form will be from 4th week of February 2020
- The last date to submit the online application form is 1st week of March 2020
AIBE 2020 Application Process
No students will be allowed to apply for AIBE 2020 if they have not filled the registration form. They have to provide the all the details and pay the fees
- The application form has been provided through online mode.
- AIBE registration 2020 has been started from 9th March 2018.
- The admit card will be released on 29th May 2018. After that, no candidate will be permitted to fill the form.
- Candidates will have to upload the scanned images of Photograph, Signature, Category Certificate (if applicable) & Enrolment Certificate.
- The uploaded documents should be self-attested.
- For any correction in the application, contact the officials by email before the release of admit card.
- No need to send the printed online application to the council.
- Any person intending to apply for AIBE 2020 will need to make an application and will need to get the scanned images and other documents attested. You need to connect all the documents and certificates which are mandatory for the completion of the application.
- They need to first visit the website of AIBE and enlist down primary details such as name, contact no, and email id.
- After being finished with the application procedures, the official will make you issue the application no and password. Before making a start with the furnish of application details, the e-challan will have to be produced in the presence of registration no, name and contact no.
- The application fee is paid by both online and offline and the payment is done category-wise.
- After that, the form will become available for download, and you need to keep the copy of the form all through admission.
AIBE Eligibility Criteria
Before the candidates start to fill out the application form, it is important that they should go through eligibility criteria. The candidates should check if they meet the given criteria to sit for the AIBE 2020. If the authority finds that any applicant is not eligible then their application will be rejected right away. So, it is really important that the students understand how essential it is to see if they are eligible to apply or not.
Here are some of the basic criteria that the candidate has to meet to sit in the AIBE 2020
- The eligibility requirements for the AIBE 2020 as mentioned underneath:
- Applicants should be having Indian Nationality.
- Applicants should have qualified from 3 years/5 years LLB degree which has been recognized by any BCI law institution
- Applicants have not any specification for minimum percentage in previous examination/degree
- Applicants who want to appear in AIBE must have enrolment in State Bar Council
- There is no age bar for the candidates to aspire in the AIBE program
- Applicants are not barred to attempt in this AIBE exam many times
- Candidates those should not comply with the eligibility prescribed by the State Bar Council are advised not to apply.
- If any candidate will find to be ineligible in later stages, their candidature will be cancelled.
AIBE Exam Pattern
It is very important that the candidate should know about the exam pattern of AIBE 2020. It will help them in preparing for the exam in a better way. So, here are few points that tell about the exam pattern of AIBE 2020
- The exam for AIBE 2020 will be conducted over in desk mode.
- The test paper will include OMR sheet where MCQ questions will be placed.
- The number of questions asked in the AIBE 2020 is 100
- The question paper will include 20 subjects divided into the category I and category II.
- The AIBE paper will be divided into 2 parts, part I is for Category I subjects and part II is for Category II subjects.
- The AIBE exam will be flexible for people know different languages; the paper will be available in 11 languages.
- To complete the test sheet of this exam, applicants will have 3 hours and 30 minutes, candidates having any disability will be honored with 20 minutes extra to complete the paper.
- For incorrect answers, there will be not any negative marking process.
The subjects mentioned in AIBE 2020 syllabus are mentioned below and all this information has been approved by BCI:
- The AIBE program will cover various topics in the field of law.
- Candidates must prepare for the exam according to the official curriculum.
- Some of the main topics included in the program are constitutional law, alternative claims litigation, including arbitration law, family law, administrative law, corporate law and various other legal issues.
- 10 questions for Constitutional Law
- 8 questions for Indian Penal Code
- 10 questions for Criminal Procedure Code
- 10 questions for code of Civil Procedure
- 8 questions for Evidence Act
- 4 questions for Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
- 8 questions for Family Law
- 4 questions for Public Interest Ligitation
- 3 questions for Administrative Law
- 4 questions for Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules
- 2 questions for Company law
- 2 questions for Environmental law
- 2 questions for Cyberlaw
- 4 questions for Labour and Industrial Law
- 5 questions related to “Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law”
- 4 questions for Taxation
- 8 questions for Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac
- 2 questions for Land Acquisition Act
- 2 questions for Intellectual Property Laws
- In total, all these questions for different subjects will be 100 in total
AIBE 2020 Admit Card
AIBE admit card 2020 has been issued through online mode. The admit card for AIBE will be available for all those sitting for the exam with just one or two weeks left for the exam. Those seeking the process to download the admit card may receive it offline and online at the official page. It should be ensured to bring it regularly on the exam day till the finish of exam.
The AIBE 2020 admit card contents the mandate details relating to exam and student including which are exam timing, exam venue, date and day, etc. Without admit card, it is not allowed to take the exam, so it is required to be brought to the exam place. While providing the log details, make sure they all are valid and precise otherwise the admit card will not appear on the computer screen.
It can only be downloaded by those who are qualified and filled the registration form completely and those filling the form incompletely will not be eligible for getting the admit card from the website. After downloading it, you need to take the hard copy to the exam.
AIBE 2020 Result
After the exam; the most awaiting thing is resulted knowing which is necessary for the students to qualify the exam. The AIBE 2020 result will be made available on the web page of concerned officials using online, and there are no other means by which the scorecard can be downloaded.
They must preserve the date of birth and roll no for checking the result. After the conclusion is out, the rank list/merit list is publicized on the website which is the list of selected students as per ranks and scores in the exam, and after that, they can successfully attend the counselling.
It is known to all that the counselling is the last procedure which decides the status of admission whether they are eligible for admission or not. The counselling will begin after the proclamation of result or scorecard.
Those who are eligible and bearing names in the merit list will be considered for AIBE 2020 Counselling. It makes a mention that they need to get 35% to qualify All India Bar Examination. While appearing for counselling, they will require producing the certificates and documents for the authentication and then attending the seat distribution. Those with a seat will be provided with seat distribution letter to report at the counselling venue.
What Subject Is AIBE Comprised Of?
Candidates will be notified about the latest updates about the syllabus and the exam pattern of the AIBE exam 2020 but as per the previous year notification, the exam pattern and the syllabus will comprise the questions and the subjects from the topics of Company Law, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Family Law, Law of Tort, Consumer Protection Law, and Professional Ethics. 70% part of the question paper will be covered by these topics as mentioned. Candidates need to do anything special and specific to prepare for the exam but they need to seriously prepare the 3rd and 5th years’ syllabus of the exam.
How To Prepare For AIBE 2020?
Candidates might be curious how candidates can start preparing for the examination so that they can easily qualify the examination. After a lot of research and vivid analysis, the preparation tips and tricks have been found extremely useful for the candidates. The tips are as given below:
- As the questions in the exam will be form different topics, candidates need not focus on one, rather they will be required to prepare all the topics simultaneously.
- Candidates need to cover the whole syllabus of the examination and the syllabus is really huge therefore they need to be very consistent in the preparation.
- It is necessary for the candidates to mark their weaker points and their stronger points. The subjects which they are weak in, they need to focus more on the subjects.
- Candidates need to learn to manage the time, therefore mock-tests will be beneficial for them.
- Candidates should also know how to write the answers to the questions.
Here are some detailed tips about how to prepare yourself for the AIBE
Candidates should make a study plan for their preparations and then prepare your studies accordingly. Candidates have to gather the details about the test and its exam pattern. Always check official syllabus for your preparation. Decide about the areas you need to concentrate more and which sections may help you to score better.
Learn To Manage Time
By Far the most important preparation tip is “Time Management”. After getting knowledge about the syllabus & exam pattern, manage your time according to your daily routine. Always try to give some extra time on those topics in which you are feeling difficulty. Make your time-table according to the syllabus of the exam. Prepare short study periods for your preparation. Also include short breaks and other intervals to refresh from studies.
Use Good Materials For Study
Good Books & study material plays a key role in your preparation. Always prefer books that are easy to understand and written by experienced authors. Many good preparation books are available in the market from which students can prepare. Candidates may also prepare from the study materials available on the internet. Some of the preparation books can be so confusing and written in hard language, so try to choose students friendly language books.
Practice Previous Year Question Paper Or Take Mock Tests
Candidates can practice Mock Tests which are available in the internet for better practice. Try to solve the mock test in the prescribed time. with the help of mock test you can also analyze your performance. Previous year question papers are also good for exam preparations. Candidates can solve previous year question papers it will help them to get familiarize with the exam pattern.
Maintain Your Health
Always focus on your health during the exam preparation. Physical or mental stress will always degrade your performance and work efficiency. Always take proper sleep for at least seven to eight hours per day. Take healthy & nutritious diet. Meditation or Yoga may help you to concentrate on your studies.
What To Be Aware Of In The AIBE Exams?
In the exam, Bare Acts are most important which candidates must remember before going to appear in the examination. The questions in the exam can be answered well with the help of the bare acts. But the scenario has changed now and the examiners currently focus more on the aptitude skill of the candidates. Besides the Acts, candidates need to prepare well the subjective part of the syllabus which has been mentioned in the above points. This is true if candidates stay calm, concentrated and focused on their goal, there will be no difficulty not only qualify the exam but will get excellent marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I apply for the All India Bar Examination but am unable to appear for it at the last minute on account of an emergency or special reasons?
Ans: The All India Bar Examination will be conducted more than once every year, and you can appear for it again at your convenience.
Q: What if even after clearing the All India Bar Examination, the candidate do not receive Certificate of Practice? Can they appear in the courts on the basis of my declared result?
Ans: The candidate will receive certificate of Practice soon after the declaration of results of the All India Bar Examination, but in the interim period you can practice on the basis of the declared result.
Q: Is there any revaluation method or can candidate can apply for re-evaluation of his answer sheet if he is unhappy with his result for the All India Bar Examination?
Ans: There would be no provision for re-evaluation. The All India Bar Examination is implemented and evaluated using OMR technology. As the answers are machine-read and evaluated automatically, there is no revaluation or recounting methodology.
Q: During what timings and on what days are the applications for the All India Bar Examination available? Where would these application forms be available?
Ans: You will find this information on www.barcouncilofindia.org before the application process commences. The application form would be available with all the State Bar Councils.
Q: Does failure in the All India Bar Examination hamper Candidates cope for higher legal studies?
Ans: The All India Bar Examination is an entry-level examination only for being able to practice law in India. The institution you are applying to for higher studies would best assess any effect of the result in the All India Bar Examination on your higher legal studies.
Q: Are there any recommended books to study for success in the All India Bar Examination?
Ans: The All India Bar Examination will only test you on subjects you have already studied as a law student. The Bar Council of India will provide assistance in the form of comprehensive preparatory materials that will be sent to you once you apply to appear for the examination (no separate payment would have to be made for these preparatory materials).
Q: Does the score in All India Bar Examination affect candidates career as a practicing advocate? Will it affect his ability to be a Senior Counsel in practice?
Ans: Passing the All India Bar Examination is a necessary condition for the practice of law in India for advocates who have graduated from academic year 2009-10 onwards. The All India Bar Examination is only an entry-level examination. Your career as an advocate would only be affected to the extent that you are required to successfully clear the All India Bar Examination in order to practice law in India.
Q: If a candidate want to enter the Judicial Services. Is it mandatory for me to clear the All India Bar Examination?
Ans: Clearing the All India Bar Examination is not a pre-requisite for entering judicial service. Further, separate examinations are prescribed for entry to the judicial services in India and you should obtain further details in this regard. Do note, however, that if eligibility to practice law or experience as an advocate are necessary prerequisites for qualification to the judiciary, you may have to successfully clear the All India Bar Examination if you have graduated from the academic year 2009-2010 onwards.
Q: Do candidates get any further assistance other than the preparatory materials sent to us?
Ans: To further assist you in preparation, BCI will provide you with a series of model question papers that will be uploaded on www.barcouncilofindia.org.
Q: What is the difficulty level set for the questions in the All India Bar Examination?
Ans: The All India Bar Examination is an entry-level, qualifying exam that will assess whether you possess minimum competence and skill to provide legal services and practice law in India. The difficulty level will only be to that extent.
Q: How many questions are there to answer in the All India Bar Examination? What is the basis for scoring marks?
Ans: There will be 100 multiple-choice questions. The Expert Committee for the All India Bar Examination will review the methodology and the manner of testing and the same will be incorporated in the model test papers and preparatory materials available from August 16, 2010 onwards.