MBA or Masters In Business Administration is one of the most sought-after courses that are available to the students who have completed their graduation. The reason behind the popularity of this course is the wide range of the career opportunities and job scope that people get after the completion of the degree. The salary packages for an MBA graduate are also an interesting addition to the list of benefits.
- Basic Eligibility Criteria For Appearing In The MBA Entrance Examination
- MBA Entrance Examinations In India 2019
- 1 Common Admission Test (CAT 2019)
- 2 Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2019)
- 3 Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2019)
- 4 Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
Business Schools Providing MBA Entrance Examinations
Numerous business institutes and schools are known for providing the MBA courses in India. These business schools are on the lookout for the eligible candidates who enroll themselves in these management courses.
It is due to this purpose that the MBA entrance examinations are conducted every year. This year, the entrance examinations for MBA 2019-2020 will be conducted as well in the state, university, and national levels.
Those candidates who have completed their graduation and want to have a proper post-graduate degree can seek this course in the management studies. These students are eligible for appearing in the MBA entrance examinations that are to be held this year.
The top colleges and business schools that offer the MBA courses are Indian Institute of Management, Symbiosis International, and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. These institutes along with the other ones provide the students with an opportunity to enroll themselves through the entrance examinations.
All you have to do is clear all the levels of these examinations to pave your way through success in the major domain of the management studies.
Basic Eligibility Criteria For Appearing In The MBA Entrance Examination
Here are some of the basic criteria that the students have to meet in order to appear for the MBA entrance examination 2019-2020. It is a general notice to all of the students that specifications of the eligibility criteria for the MBA examinations can be different in different institutes.
Make sure that you refer to the university’s official website in order to gain more and more information. These are just the general eligibility criteria for those who need it.
Those applicants, who have completed their graduation and hold a particular Bachelor’s degree in any of these fields such as B.Tech, BBA, BCA, and B.Sc. etc., are eligible to apply for the regular MBA entrance examinations.
The applicants who are still doing their graduation and are in the last year of their degree program can be considered as eligible to apply for the MBA entrance examinations.
Those who want to apply for the integrated courses of MBA programs; they have to pass their 12th examinations for being considered as eligible candidates.
MBA Entrance Examinations In India 2019
Here we are about to list some of the common entrance examinations for the MBA aspirants who seek to apply for a course in management studies.
1 Common Admission Test (CAT 2019)
CAT, also known as the Common Admission Test is one of the major entrance examinations for MBA aspirants that are conducted by the Indian Institute of Management. This entrance test is for offering the applicants a chance to get admission to the Post Graduate Management courses and other fellowship programs that are provided in IIMs. There are many other prestigious universities that offer admission to the students who take this examination.
Before appearing for the examination, it is important for the candidates to match their eligibility with the criteria of the examination. If they are eligible, then they can apply online for the exam through the registration process. There are different centers that would take this exam across India.
Here we have some crucial information regarding the CAT entrance such as the tentative dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus and a lot more.
CAT 2019 Tentative Dates
- Online Notification For CAT Exam: July 2019 (last week)
- The beginning of Online Registration: August 2019 (Second week)
- Ending Of Online Registration: September 2019(Third week)
- Release Of Admit Card: October 2019 (Third week)
- Examination date: November 2019 (Last week)
- Declaration of the result by the authority: January 2020 (2nd week)
Eligibility Criteria For CAT 2019
The applicants must have a look into the eligibility criteria for the CAT entrance 2019 to make sure that they are eligible. Those who are not eligible for the entrance will have their applications rejected by the authorities any time.
- Candidates that have a proper Bachelor’s degree in any particular stream from a prestigious and recognized university are considered to be eligible for the entrance examination.
- Those candidates who hols any type of professional degree such as CS/CA/ ICWA are also considered as applicable for applying for the examination.
- The candidates who are in the last year of the bachelor’s degree that they are pursuing can also be allowed to apply for CAT 2019. But in such cases, these candidates would have to make a submission of the certificates that are issued by the Registrar or the Principal of the institution stating that they are eligible for applying.
- The candidates are also advised to have up to 50% or more of the marks in the Bachelor’s degree. The requirement for the SC/PWD/ST students is 45%.
Exam Pattern Of CAT 2019
- The Common Admission Test or CAT is simply a test that is based online. It is a Computer-based test or CBT.
- The entire duration of the examination is about 180 minutes or three hours.
- There are subjective as well as objective type questions that are provided in this examination.
- There are a total of 100 questions in the CAT examination question paper.
- The candidates are offered 3 marks for every single correct answer.
- In case they give a wrong answer, one mark gets deducted from the total. This is just for the objective type questions. Apart from the Objective questions, there is no negative marking on others.
CAT 2019 Exam Syllabus
There is no fixed form of the syllabus for the CAT examination. All the questions will have four main sections, Mathematics or Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and English. There are different mock tests that are available for the candidates to practice before they actually sit for the CAT entrance test. Here we have mentioned the syllabus to give you an idea.
Reading Comprehension: Verbal reasoning along with reverse analogies, synonyms, and antonyms, critical reasoning, sentence correction, judgments, fill the blanks, syllogism, passage questions and summary questions are included.
Data Interpretation: Column, Bar Graphs, Venn Diagram, Line and Different Pie Charts, Tables, Caselets, Area Graph, and others.
Logical Reasoning: Logical sequence, letters and number series, decoding and coding, clocks, directions, calendars, blood relations, binary logic, clocks, Matrix, linear arrangements, and other problems.
Quantitative Ability: Trigonometry, Geometry, Permutations and Combinations, Proportions, Alligations and Mixtures, Functions, Logarithm, Work And Time, Mensuration, and Coordinate Geometry.
2 Management Aptitude Test (MAT 2019)
AIMA or All India Management Association is the authority that is concerned with organizing the Management Aptitude Test or MAT 2019. This is another one of the popular examinations that happen for the MBA aspirants. MAT scores offer admission to several PGDM and MBA courses in different prestigious universities. The national level examination happens 4 times every single year in the month of February, May, September, and December.
Those applicants who want to have an MBA admission to the different B-schools in India are advised to go for MAT 2019 at the earliest. Here are some bits of information about the MAT 2019 examination.
MAT 2019 Exam Tentative Dates
- The MAT 2019 entrance test happens 4 times in a single year. The dates provided here are tentative and can be changed.
- Application form availability December 2018, February 2019 (last week), July 2019 (1st week), October 2019 (1st week).
- Deadline for Online registration: January 2019, April 2019 (Last week), August 2019, November 2019.
- The release of admit card: January 2019, April-May 2019, August 2019, and November 2019.
- Date of Paper-Based Examination: February 2019, May 2019, September 2019, and December 2019.
- Date of Computer-Based Examination: February 2019, May 2019, September 2019, December 2019.
- Result Declaration: February 2019, May-June 2019, October 2019, January 2019.
Eligibility Criteria For MAT 2019
It is mandatory for all the students to have a thorough checking of the eligibility criteria of the examination before they apply for MAT 2019. The authority that is responsible for setting the exam has some eligibility conditions that must be met before a student can be considered eligible. Here we have all the details that are mentioned for the MAT eligibility criteria.
The applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized and prestigious university. The candidates that are appearing for their final semester can also be considered as eligible candidates for the MAT 2019 examination.
The requirement for the marks and percentage is also determined for the candidates. Those who have a percentage above 50% can be considered eligible to apply. The marks and percentage requirements can vary from one institute to another.
Exam Pattern For MAT 2019
It is really essential for all the different candidates who are appearing for the MAT 2019 to have an idea about the examination pattern. You will have a familiarity to the questions that are asked in the entrance test.
- The mode of examination is both offline as well as computer-based
- The paper is set in English
- There are objective questions on the MAT 2019 paper
- In total, the number of questions is 200
- There are 5 different sections in the paper
- The total duration of the examination is about 150 minutes
- For each answer that is correct, the students get one mark. One-fourth of a mark is deducted from the total marks for every wrong answer
Syllabus For MAT 2019 Examination
For those who want to apply for the MAT 2019 examination, it is important to have an idea about the syllabus of the MAT entrance test. This helps the candidates to prepare properly for the test. So, there are 5 different sections in the question paper for MAT 2019. These sections are Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Indian and Global Environment, and Mathematical Skills.
3 Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2019)
Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT is another example of an MBA entrance test that is the best for the MBA applicants. The registration process for the XAT entrance test is supposed to start very soon. XLRI or the Xavier Labour Relations Institute is the institute in authority that is supposed to handle all the entrance related details. XAT is a university level examination for the MBA aspirants who want admission in XLRI and other top-notch B-schools in the country.
Those who are interested in applying for the MAT entrance examination can fill the application forms before the deadline ends this year.
XAT 2019 Tentative Dates
For those who want to apply for the XAT entrance examination, here is a detailed list of all the dates of the different events. The release notification, admit card release, exam dates are all provided to those who need it. Candidates are advised to go for the registration before the deadline is over.
- Availability Of The Application Form: August 2018
- Last date to fill the application form: November 2018
- Last date to pay the fees (both offline and online): August to November 2018
- Application correction: August to November 2018
- Admit Card availability December 2018
- Date of the examination: January 2019
- Result declaration: January 2019
- Start of counseling: After the publication and announcement of the result
Eligibility Criteria For XAT 2019
It is essential for all the candidates to fulfill all the different eligibility criteria for the XAT 2019. The organizing authority can reject the application of any particular candidate that fails to fulfill the different criteria that are mentioned here. Make sure that you are eligible before you apply for the XAT entrance test.
The nationals from India who have a degree in any stream for a course of three years are considered to be eligible candidates for appearing in the XAT examination in 2019.
The marks and percentage requirements vary from one institute to another in case of XAT.
Also, the foreign students and NRI applicants are eligible to apply for the XAT entrance test if they have a decent GMAT score.
XAT Exam Pattern 2019
For all the students who are willing to apply for the XAT 2019, it is important to have a proper planning prior to the examination. In this case, the XAT exam pattern can help the students have an idea about the different types of questions that the paper has. There are two different sections in the examination paper. The paper 1 and the paper 2 are the different sections.
Here we have some other details of the exam.
- The mode of the XAT entrance examination is online.
- There are 72 questions in the paper 1 and paper 2 will include 25 questions and another essay related question.
- The total duration of the entrance paper is about 170 minutes for the first paper and an additional 35 minutes for the second paper.
- There is a scope of negative marking in Part A of the entrance test. For every incorrect answer, one-fourth of the marks are deducted from the total. But the second part of the examination doesn’t have any negative marking.
- Negative marking: There will be a negative marking in part A of the examination. For every wrong response, ¼ marks will be deducted. However, in Part B there is no provision for negative marking.
Syllabus For XAT 2019
There is no predefined syllabus for the XAT examination in 2019. However, there are some sections on which the questions will be based. These sections include Logical Reasoning & English Language, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, Essay and General Knowledge.
4 Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
Another one of the most common forms of examinations for the MBA aspirants would be CMAT. There has been an official notice that CAMT will soon be releasing the online dates and other details about their exams. Candidates are requested to gather all the information that is needed for applying to this examination.
CMAT 2019 is considered to be a national level examination that is conducted across the different examination centers in India. This test is known for providing admission to the students who want to pursue further education in courses such as PGCM, PGDM, Executive PGDM, and MBA. The scores from the CMAT examination is accepted by many different universities and B-schools that are AICTE-approved.
The official announcement has been made that the examination of CMAT for this year will be happening on the 27th of January 2019. Also, the application form for the examination will be available from the 22nd of the October this year and will continue till the deadline for the application submission ends.
All the candidate who is eligible and interested in pursuing an MBA degree from the prestigious institutions of India are advised to go through the different details that we have mentioned in this article about the CMAT application. With the help of these details, the students and applicants will have an idea about the different dates, exam patterns, syllabus, and other important factors of the CMAT entrance tests.
Tentative Dates For CMAT Examination 2019
Here we shall be mentioning all the different and important dates that are related to the entrance examination of CMAT in the year 2019. Make sure that you have all the notifications and information about the entrance test to have a proper idea about the examination. Details such as the availability of the application form, last date to submit the application, release of the admit card, exam dates, and the declaration of the result will be provided below.
- Starting Of The Application Procedure: The application filling process will start from the 22nd of October this year
- Last date to submit the application for CMAT: The date by which the applicants are requested to submit their application is 15th December 2018. All the candidates should submit their online application by then. No student will be allowed to submit their application once the deadline date is over
- Availability Of The Admit Card: The admit card for the CMAT application will be available on the month of January 2019
- Examination Date: The actual date for the examination is on the 27th of January. All the applicants that have received their admit cards will be eligible to sit for the examination
- Answer Key Release Date: The answer key for the examination of CMAT will be available after 1-2 weeks of the exam completion. The students can match their answers to deduce an aggregate of the marks that they will get in the examination
- Declaration Of The Result: The result of the CMAT entrance test will be declared in the month of February 2019
Eligibility Criteria for The CMAT Examination 2019
All the MBA aspirants who want to apply for the CMAT entrance test 2019 need to fulfill some basic criteria in order to be considered as eligible candidates.
It is important for the students to go through these eligibility criteria to be completely sure that they are eligible or not. Any applicant who is not eligible for the CMAT entrance test will have their application rejected by the authorized institute at any given point of time.
Here we have mentioned the eligibility criteria that the students need to fulfill in order to be considered eligible.
The candidates should be a citizen of the country.
Aspirants that have a bachelor’s degree in any stream or discipline will be allowed to apply for the CMAT entrance examination.
Exam pattern for CMAT 2019
Below we have mentioned the details about the exam pattern that CMAT 2019 will follow. Understanding this exam pattern will provide the students with a competitive edge against all the other candidates that are appearing for the CMAT examination. So, it is very essential for the students and applicants to have a detailed understanding of the examination pattern. Make sure that you go through all the important details so that you can devise a proper plan of study for yourself.
- The mode of examination of CMAT is online and computer-based
- The total duration of the examination will be about 3 hours
- There will be a total of 100 questions for the entire paper
- The types of questions that are asked in the CMAT entrance examination are all objective
- For every correct answer, the applicant will be provided with 4 marks. There is also a scope for negative marking in the sections. The candidate will lose 1 mark for every wrong answer that he gives
Syllabus For CMAT 2019
There is no defined syllabus for those who want to apply for the CMAT entrance examination. However, there are some sections on which the questions are based. These sections comprise of Data Interpretation & Quantitative Techniques, Logical Reasoning, Comprehension, General Awareness and others.