The Armed Forces Medical College is one of the leading medical institutes present in India. It is best for its research and education. Medical students who are post-graduates or undergraduates can get training in this institute. You will get some assured career prospects in the defense services. This is one of the main reasons why students from all over the country want to attempt this entrance test and crack it.
- AFMC MBBS 2019
- Key Dates Of AFMC MBBS 2019
- AFMC MBBS Application Form
- Eligibility Criteria For AFMC MBBS Course
- How Can You Apply For The Course?
- AFMC MBBS Cut Off
- AFMC MBBS Admission And Merit List
- Syllabus Of AFMC 2019
- AFMC 2019 Exam Pattern
With this article, the students can get all the help that they need. Here we shall highlight some of the important things that you need to know about the AFMC entrance exam in the following year. Details such as important dates, eligibility criteria, cutoff marks for the candidates, syllabus and a lot more will be discussed in this article. It is important for the students to pay close attention to all the details as it can help them achieve good marks in the entrance examination.
The BC Roy Committee which is a fusion of various medical organizations in India recommended setting up the Institute on 1st of May 1948. The “Graduate Wing’ of the institute was formed in 1962 in order to provide sustainable and steady medical officers for the Armed Forces of India. Presently AFMC is affiliated to Maharashtra University Of Health and Sciences. The institute is also recognized by MCI for conducting various postgraduates and undergraduate courses.
These courses offer help to the students who want to build a successful career and gain a lot of success. Let us get to know a bit more about the AFMC MBBS entrance examination that is to happen in the year 2019.
AFMC MBBS 2019
AFMC MBBS 2019 is conducted to offer admission in the Armed Force Medical College situated in Pune. In order to get admission for the MBBS courses in AFMC, a candidate has to apply for the NEET 2019 entrance exam. The AFMC authority does not conduct any other separate exam than NEET for admission in the institute. The candidates who are interested in the admission can apply for the admission on the basis of the mark scored in the NEET entrance exam.
It is a golden opportunity for those candidates who want to serve and make their career in the defense. The candidate should prepare themselves to clear the NEET examination with the minimum required marks and get admission. However, before that, it is really important for the students to have an idea about the different things that they should know regarding this entrance test. Knowledge is the key to everything and with proper knowledge about the exam, students can gain a competitive edge against the others.
Key Dates Of AFMC MBBS 2019
Those who are interested in applying for the AFMC MBBS 2019 examination should have an idea about the different dates that concern the medical examinations.
Here we will mention all the important dates that are relevant to the AFMC entrance exam of the year 2019. It is important that the candidates should have all the information and notification about the examination so that they get proper idea about the examination. Details like the availability of the form, last date of registration, date of admission all are listed below.
- Online Registration Date: The online registration date will start from the first week of July. Candidate should visit the website regularly to know the exact date.
- Last Date Of Registration And Fill Application Form: The candidate should not wait until the second week of July to register their name and fill out the application.
- Last Date To Submit Application Form: The last date for the submission of the application form is the second week of July.
- Last Date To Print The Challan: After filling up the application, the candidates have to print the challan within the 3rd week of July.
- Last Date For Fee Submission: The candidates have to submit the application fee at the SBI branch in the fourth week of July.
AFMC MBBS Application Form
For the students to apply for the examination, they will have to fill up the application form that is provided on the website. Here are some of the details that we have for you.
- The application form of AFMC will be available for download from the month of April. The desired candidate must fill the application form online and complete all the formalities that are required for admission. One thing to keep in mind is that the candidate should carry out the registration before the last date of the registration that is mentioned by the institute which will usually be in May 2019. Make sure the size of the document is not more than 500KB.
- The candidates have to read certain guidelines before they fill out the application form for the admission.
- The mode of filling the application form is through online only. The candidates will not get any offline option.
- In order to fill the application form, the candidates are required to register first. The forms will start getting filled in the first week of July 2019.
- The last date for registration and filling the online application form is the last week of July 2019.
- A challan will be generated which the candidate has to download and submit the fees of the application to the SBI bank.
- The candidates will be asked to enter the details of the deposited fee in the application form. Without the details, the form will not be completed.
- The application fee is the same for all the candidate which is Rs. 250.
- One can deposit the application fee through the SBI bank challan from the website of AFMC. Visit the nearest SBI bank in your locality and pay the required fee.
Eligibility Criteria For AFMC MBBS Course
Here are few basic criteria that the candidate has to match in order to apply for the AFMC MBBS course 2019. It is general notice to all the candidates that if they don’t meet any of the criteria then they will be allowed to apply. For further information regarding the eligibility criteria, the candidates can visit the official website of AFMC. Here are the basic criteria that the candidate should meet –
- Nationality: Candidates who are Indian citizen are allowed to apply for the course. However, if the candidate is from Nepal, Bhutan or a person who has migrated from any country and has settled down in India are allowed to apply for the post
- Marital Status: If the candidate is married then he or she is not eligible to apply for the course. Only the unmarried candidates are allowed
- Age Limit: The age of the candidates who are applying should not be less than 17 years of age as on 31st of December 2019. However, for the B.Sc candidates, the age should not be more than 24 years
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate should pass HS or its equivalent from a recognized university or board. The graduates of B.Sc can also apply for the course
- Least Marks: The minimum required by the candidate is at least 60% in the PCB and should have minimum 50% mark in each of the subjects all in a single attempt
- Subjects: Candidate should pass with eligible subjects like Chemistry, Physics, English, and Biology. Along with all these subject, the candidate should also have mathematics in HS
- Candidates Appearing: The candidates those who are appearing or have appeared the qualifying examination up to 30th of April 2019 can also apply for the course
How Can You Apply For The Course?
Like any other application fill up, the AFMC application form can be filled up easily. Here we have mentioned the steps –
- The first thing the candidate has to do is to visit the official website of the AFMC
- After visiting the site go to the MBBS section and click there
- The candidate will get “Login for UG” option on the generated page. Click on it
- If the candidate is new then click on the “New User Click Here to Register” button
- Without registration, the new candidates will not be allowed to fill the application form
- Now, the candidate has to fill the first part of the application form. They have to provide their email ID and mobile number
- Now enter your login credentials to log in and fill the second part of the form
- The candidate has to fill the qualification details and upload their scanned signature and photograph and then proceed to the third part of the application form
- Fill the details that are asked on the third part of the application form
- Now click on the option that is labeled as “View Application then Submit”
- Your application is filled, the thing needed to be done is to fill the application form
- A challan will be generated after the fill-up. The candidate has to print the SBI challan by clicking on the “Generate Challan” link
- Visit the nearest SBI bank in your locality to pay the fee
- Candidates can check the status of their fee status by login their account after 24-28 hours
- Don’t forget to take out the print of the application form after the submission
AFMC MBBS Cut Off
The cut-off mark for the AFMC MBBS will be declared by the authority of the AFMC after the result of the NEET 2019 is declared. The cut-off is generally displayed on the website of the university within a few days after the NEET written test.
Now based on the cut-off mark of the NEET, the authority will decide the separate cut-off mark of AFMC. However, the cut off is separate for boys and girls. Cut off is one of the most important factors which help in shortlisting the candidate who wants to get admission. Depending on cut-off that is declared the authority will start making separate merit list of both the girls and the boys.
The merit list of AFMC 2019 will be declared for those candidates who have cleared the NEET 2019. The merit list can be checked through the online mode. There are many factors that are considered by the authorities which help them in deciding the cut off marks like the cut-off mark of the previous year, the level of difficulty of the exam, the pass-proportion of the candidates etc.
The authority will select only those candidates who have scored the mark greater than or equal to the cut off marks. The cut-off varies for boys and girls. The authority doesn’t consider category wise cut off for different categories. However, out of the total seat present, some of the seats are reserved for the SC/ST candidates. The cut-off mark is taken into consideration in order to shortlist the girls and the boys. The category wise cut off for the past few years are listed below –
The total number of MBBS seats available in AFMC is 130. Out of which 25 seats are reserved for the girls and 105 seats for the boys. The SC/ST candidates already have ten seats reserved for them.
AFMC MBBS Admission And Merit List
The most important parameter to prepare a merit list for the interview round is the cut-off marks. On the basis of the performance of the candidate, the merit list is prepared. Candidate can get access to the merit list through the AFMC website. The NEET score is the base which helps the authority to shortlist the candidate for admission. Again a separate merit list is prepared in order to screen the girls and the boys.
The selection process of the AFMC MBBS is generally organized in two stages. During the first stage of the selection process, the candidates will have to go through a ToELR test that is followed by an interview. The second stage of the selection process consists of an interview round. Finally, the merit list of the candidate is taken out on the basis of NEET, ToELR score and how well did they attend the interview.
The seat allotment is strictly based on the merit list that has been prepared. During the admission procedure that candidates are required to show their passing certificate and the original mark sheet of the qualifying exam. The last and the final stage is a medical examination which the candidate has to go through in order to get the admission.
Syllabus Of AFMC 2019
It is mandatory for all the candidates to seek for the syllabus who are going to appear for the AFMC examination. In order to collect the syllabus, the candidates have to go through the official website of the institute. Preparations will always lead to the best result. If the candidates believe this saying then it is important for them to have the correct syllabus at their end. There are basically three main subject targets in the AFMC MBBS, the first of them is Biology, second is chemistry and lastly, there is Physics. Below here we have mentioned the detailed syllabus of 2019-20 AFMC MBBS.
Biology: In case of Biology there are many subsequent units such as Cell: The unit of Life, Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function- Plants, Structure and Functions-Plants, Growth and Movement in Plants, Reproduction and Developments in Human, Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Ecology and Environment.
Chemistry: The units of chemistry consists of Some basic concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Solid State Chemistry, Redox Reactions, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, S block elements( alkali and alkaline earth metals) 5 chemical energetics, p-block elements, the d-and-f Block elements, Equilibrium, Chemical bonding, Solutions, Chemical thermodynamics, Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Purification and Characterization of Chemical compounds, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Polymers, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, General Principles and Process of isolation of elements, Hydrogen, Chemistry is everyday life, Biomolecules, Organic Compounds with functional group containing halogen (X), Organic Compound with functional group containing Nitrogen, Organic compounds with functional group containing oxygen.
Physics: The unit of physics consists of the topics like Introduction and Measurement, Laws Of Motion, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Energy and Power, Work, Heat and Thermodynamics, Waves, Oscillations, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Rotational motion, Description of motion in Two or Three Dimension, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Molecules and Nuclei, Atoms, Solids and Semi-Conductor Devices, Electromagnetic Waves, Thermal and Chemical effects of Current, Magnetism, Magnetic effects of currents, Ray optics and optical instruments and, Electrons and Photons.
AFMC 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important for all the candidates to know in details about the exam pattern of the AFMC MBBS 2019. Basically, the exam pattern consists of lengthy question papers, marks per subject, marking scheme, and lots more. Once the candidate has the detailed knowledge about the exam pattern, it will help them prepare for the exam in a better way. The offline mode of examination is important for all the candidates. Below here we have mentioned about the detailed exam pattern of AFMC 2019.
Time Duration: The exam conducting authority is always good at organizing everything well. The candidates will get a total of 2 hours duration in which they have t complete answering the questions.
Number Of Questions: The total number of questions that the candidate will be asked is 200. These questions are generally of multiple choice or objective type. Candidates should take their time to read the question very carefully and detect it deeply and then select the answer. For every correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, there is a deduction of 0.25 marks.
Paper Structure: The paper will ask 50 questions from Biology which includes Zoology and Botany, 50 questions from Physics, 25 questions from comprehension and English language and 25 questions from logic and reasoning.
For the best result in the AFMC MBBS test, it will better if the candidate attempts all the questions. Candidates can also get some help from the papers of previous years to get some helpful tips.
Frequently Asked Questions About The AFMC Cadets
Q: What do AFMC cadets mean?
A: All the students of the AFMC are known as cadets. The parents of the candidates along with the candidate are asked to sign the indemnity bonds on non-judicial stamps regarding the terms of the discipline, training etc. This is done before the candidates take admission in the institute. If the cadets want to leave the institute or are expelled from the institute then the parents have to pay for the compensation.
Q: Do The Medical Cadets Get Commission In The End?
A: Medical cadets who are passed out of the AFMC have to compete among themselves to get commissions in the Army Medical Corps. However, the cadets are not required to sit in the written examination which is mandatory for the other medical graduates to get a commission in the AMC.
Q: Why are the students considered as a cadet in the AFMC?
A: The AFMC authority believes that it is important to get a basic military training as it helps to groom up properly for a disciplined personnel. So this is the reason that all the students of the AFMC are considered as cadets.
Q: Who gets the chance for written examination?
A: It depends on the score of HSC and SSC result of the candidate. It also depends on the different quota that is mentioned in the merit list of a total of 7000 candidates. List of the successful candidates will be informed by SMS. Only the successful candidates will be allowed to sit for the written examination. However, there is no provision regarding the money to the unsuccessful candidates.
Q: What are the subjects in the written entrance examination test?
A: The candidates will have to answer multiple choice question which will of one-hour duration. The answer script is of OMR type. The candidates are not allowed to use mobile phones and calculator during the examination. The distribution of marks are as follows Biology= 30, Physics= 30, Chemistry= 30, English and General Knowledge= 5 each. The questions will be asked of the HSC standards.