If you want to be an engineer you need to pass through an engineering entrance series of examination, If you’re aspire to be a medical professional then you need to qualify NEET examination. If you’re looking forward to serve the country you live in through recruitment in Airforce, Army, and Navy, you must be eligible for the NDA exam.
- Eligibility Criteria
- NDA Notification for 2019-20 recruitment:
- NDA Application form:
- Application Fee
- How to apply for NDA 2019?
- Exam Pattern for NDA 2019:
- Selection For NDA 2019:
- NDA Syllabus for 2019:
- Exam pattern:
- Admit Card for NDA 2019:
- Results for NDA 2019:
- Highlights for Eligibility Criteria 2019
- SSB Interview Process:
- Preparation Tips for NDA 2019:
- Reference Books to be used for NDA Examination for 2019:
- Answer Key for NDA 2019:
- NDA Results for 2019:
- Document Verification and Medical Examination:
- Final Selection for NDA 2019:
The NDA exam is for the Indian Armed forces Joint services academy is a place where cadets or candidates for all three wings, learn, study and are trained together before they part their ways to their respective place on interest. The NDA or National Defence Academy is the first and the only tri-service academy established in Khadakwasla Maharashtra, across the globe.
The NDA 2019 is one of the national level exam conducted in India twice every calendar year. This is one of the reasons why they are called as NDA 1 and NDA 2. The UPSC or Union, Public Service Commission, is the examination that is known for recruiting the high skilled cadets for Navy, Airforce and Army wings.
The NDA 2019 has arrived, and the UPSC has been assigned the opportunity to conduct the examination. Every exam schedule consists of two tiers, and the first one is comprised of the written exam while the second one is for the selected candidates from the first level who are allowed to appear for the SSB interviews.
We have mentioned below about the application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern and dates, notification, etc. In short, you will find all the important details about this competitive exam in this post!
Authorities responsible for NDA exams are quite strict for their eligibility criteria, do know about the eligibility criteria of NDA 2019 below:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen, or a Nepal and Bhutan resident can also apply.
- The Tibetan refugee migrated to India and permanently settled before 1st January 1962, can also apply for joining NDA.
- Various Indian origin candidates shifted from Uganda, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, and Vietnam and are permanently settled in India are also eligible to apply for NDA.
Age limit for both the tiers of NDA levels are different for:
- NDA-1: The age limit for the first tier is the people who are born between July 2000 to 1st July 2003
- NDA-2: The age limit for the candidates who are born between 2nd January 2001 to 1st July 2004.
NDA exam has different eligibility criteria for its various wings. Let’s help ourselves in details:
- Navy and Airforce: The candidates should appear or passed the intermediate or equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as subjects.
- Army: Candidates are appearing or passed intermediate, or 10+2 exams from any stream can apply for.
- Minimum Marks: NDA authorities didn’t keep any percentage criteria for the person, and passing percentage qualifies them to enter NDA exam.
- Point to remember is that NDA always considers unmarried males for the posts.
NDA has some set standards for the physical abilities, ensure that the candidate must be physically fit to pass the physical criteria. The candidate must be mentally sound according to the physical standards set by the Naval Academy and National Defence Academy examination 2019.
The cadet needs to go through the medical examination hosted by Service Selection Board or SSB after getting through the written as well as the interview exam.
The height of the applicant should be at least 157 can go for Navy, Naval, and Army, while for Airforce it must be at least 162.5 cm. However, the cadets belonging to Gorkha or Hill area are eligible for five can relaxation in height.
NDA Notification for 2019-20 recruitment:
The initial notification for NDA 2019-20 is expected to be out on January 2019. The next information for NDA 2 will be released in June 2019. For the first round of the applications are allowed to be submitted by February, while for the second round the submission is permitted till September 2019.
NDA 1 Important dates
- Notification issued on – 9th January, 2019
- First date of online application form – 9th January, 2019
- Last date to submit online application form – 4th February, 2019
- Admit card release date – 1 week before the examination
- Date of examination – 21st April, 2019
- Answer key issued on – few days after the exam (on multiple portals)
- Result declaration on – May 2019
NDA 2 Important dates
- Notification issued on – 7th August, 2019
- First date of online application form – 7th August, 2019
- Last date to submit online application form – 3rd September, 2019
- Admit card release date – 1 week before the examination
- Date of examination – 17th November, 2019
- Answer key issued on – few days after the exam (on multiple portals)
- Result declaration on – November 2019
NDA Application form:
The eligible and interested candidates should apply online through the official website of NDA. Candidates are allowed to fill the various mandatory details in the application form correctly and carefully. The applicants are not allowed to load their data rather just the requisite information in the application form.
Post submission of application form they do not allow any changes or corrections, so do look for writing everything with cautiousness as you cannot change it later and NDA will not accept any mistake from you.
The candidates are applying for NDA 2019, are allowed to upload their signatures and photographs in the desired formats on the portal post filling the educational and personal details in the respective application form. Every candidate is allowed to fill a single application form.
The fees can be deposited to the NDA authorities in the form of cash in any SBI branches established in any part of the country, or they can pay through Master Card, Net Banking, Visa Card or Debit Card.
The candidates from the open and general category are allowed to pay 100 Rs to fill the form. While the candidates of Scheduled Caste or tribe and various wards of JCOs, NCOs or Ors are not allowed to submit any application fees.
How to apply for NDA 2019?
The candidates are looking forward to using for NDA 2019, can visit their official website and click on the section “how to apply procedure” to proceed.
The detailed procedure is described below:
- Visit the official website of NDA 2019.
- Now you can click on the “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’ to proceed ahead.
- Candidates can proceed further by click on the link named as ‘Click here for Part-I.’
- Now read through the critical instruction for filling out the application form and proceed further by choosing Yes button from the two option.
- After confirming the details, you are allowed to fill your educational qualification, address and personal credentials in the application form carefully.
- Post-filling the details click on Continue or Reset as per your own choice.
- On reviewing your details, kindly read the declarations before you tick “I Agree.”
- Post completion and clicking on “ I Agree” tab, note down your registration ID to login further.
- Now the part 2 of the application process will start, there will be an option displayed on the screen to proceed for part-2 registration link.
- This part allowed to enter your login details and then click on “submit” tab.
- Post making the transaction you are allowed to proceed ahead clicking on “Proceed” option for selecting the center of exam preference.
- Now you can upload the scanned images for signatures and photographs as per the prescribed formats.
- Read through the instruction and proceed further by clicking on “I Agree” tab.
- For your reference, you can now print the application form and keep it with you until the selection process continues.
Exam Pattern for NDA 2019:
- The NDA exam has two phases for the exam. These phases are comprised of papers.
- The entrance of NDA exam is held in English as well as the Hindi language.
- Unlike others, the test is allowed to be conducted through offline mode.
- Every question will have four alternatives from which the candidate is allowed to choose the correct answer.
- As a candidate, you should know that there is negative marking for every wrong answer so keep a check on the same too.
Subject wise division of marks:
- Subject: Mathematics, Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes, Code: 01, Maximum Marks: 300
- Subject: GA Test, Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes, Code: 02, Maximum Marks: 600
- Subject: Interview or SSB Test, Maximum Marks: 900
- This makes it clear that the candidate needs to score out of 900 marks and passing through individual subjects too.
Selection For NDA 2019:
The shortlisted applicants in the 2019 written test will be invited for the SSB interview. The SSB interview is conducted for about four to five days. The applicants who successfully pass through the SSB process are called for document verification process and medical test.
NDA Syllabus for 2019:
The syllabus is divided between two parts named as General Ability and Mathematics test.
The Mathematics exam is comprised of the Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, Probability, Matrices & Determinants, Matrices & Determinants and Analytical Geometry topics being formed into multiple choice questions.
The General Ability test also contains various questions from different fields like Geography, Current events, Physics, Chemistry, English and General Knowledge.
The candidates need to start preparing early for the examination. As it is a national level exam and allows applicants from various corners of the country to apply in large numbers. Therefore the candidates also put all of their necessary efforts to qualify for the respective exam. Do know in detail about the exam pattern for NDA 2019.
As mentioned above the exam is comprised of 2 papers. The first one is for testing the applicant’s mathematical ability while the other one test is general ability. The entrance test is always held in offline mode, comprising of paper and pen. The examination consists of only multiple choice questions in which one is correct. The applicant can answer the question in English and Hindi language as per his suitability.
The first paper Mathematics is of around 300 marks while the second paper is of general ability and carries the weight of 600 scores. Do remember the duration of the exam is about 2.30 hours. Before answering do know that negative marking is applicable.
Admit Card for NDA 2019:
- The admit card is released by the UPSC for NDA 2019 before two to three weeks from the examination date for NDA exam.
- No, other modes except online medium cannot be used for obtaining your admit card.
- All candidates are allowed to download the admit cards from the same UPSC’s website which is said to complete the application process within the stipulated time.
- The admit card is one of the compulsory requirements to be carried to the exam center for the exam.
Results for NDA 2019:
- After the completion of one month of the examination, the results are announced on the official portal of UPSC.
- To check the result, the applicants should insert the credentials like date of birth, roll number, etc. in the fields.
- The applicants are advised to keep a printout of the same with them until the selection process gets completed.
- The respective candidates who got selected in the NDA written test are invited for the further process of admission.
Highlights for Eligibility Criteria 2019
- For applying online for NDA 2019, examinations always ensure your eligibility for the same.
- The candidates who appear for qualifying the exam should have passed 10+2 and be ready to show the pass certificate when asked to produce.
- The student failing in 10+2 or while pursuing their 11th class are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.
- Until the training of cadets is finished, they are not allowed to marry.
- Candidates provide any false information for the eligibility are debarred for any attempt in subsequent examinations.
SSB Interview Process:
Every candidate who has qualified the first phase of written examination are asked to register themselves at joinindianarmy.nic.in as the respective website acts as a directorate general of recruiting site. The candidate would be allocated their selection centers through the website. On receiving the interview letter, the applicants can find all credentials mentioned and are required to report at the said timing for the SSB interview.
For postponing interview in exceptional circumstances are considered, and in the end, the army headquarters are the only one that resembles them as a sole deciding authority in the matter. These requests are addressed by the various administrative offices of the centers from where the call letters have been issued.
The applicants said to be appearing in front of the service selection board for personality tests, and intelligence will proceed on their own risk. If in any case they are subjected to any injury then no compensation or any relief from the government is granted.
Those applicants who qualify the written exam, First applicants have to give the SSB Interview.
The applicant will get the schedule of interview through call letter.
The SSB interview round will be divided into two stages, and it will take five days to complete.
In first, Stage applicants have to give PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test) and OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating).
In the Second Stage, applicants have to face the Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference.
What is the full form of NDA?
The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.
How can you start through the registration process for NDA 2019?
The examination is found to be conducted twice every year. The first phase starts in January and also known as NDA 1. While the second phase is initiated in June and is also known as NDA 2. The registration for the respective phases begins in their respective months itself.
Which authority is conducting the NDA exam for 2019?
The UPSC or Union Public Service Commission is said to be responsible for the NDA exam.
My age is 21 and is married. Am I eligible for NDA 2019?
While having a look at your age, you can be considered. But for registration for NDA 2019, the applicant should be unmarried and accepts only male candidates.
If any candidate appears for 12th examinations, is he eligible for the NDA entrance examination?
Yes, as per the eligibility criteria for NDA 2019, he is allowed.
I have scored above 70 percent in my 12th standard. Can I apply for the navy or army wing?
Yes, go forward and make your candidature.
Preparation Tips for NDA 2019:
- Firstly the applicant needs to make a plan for his study throughout the term and for NDA.
- The applicants need to make a proper schedule involving all subjects criteria and follow the scheduled on a regular basis.
- Drafting rough notes before the exam proves to be quite supportive and the quick notes also serve as a boon to the applicant in revision hours.
- The candidates are usually advised various books and look for the old student’s testimonial to know the best books available in the market. Also, they can refer to various internet sources too.
- Sample and previous papers are available for the candidates so that they can have a deep insight into the exam patterns.
- Proper rest before the exam and keeping themselves best in their health is very much important for any individual to make his participation in the examination.
Reference Books to be used for NDA Examination for 2019:
Mathematics Ability is known as the first paper of NDA exam and below are some of the reference books useful for the NDA examination 2019:
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive examinations by R S Aggarwal.
- NDA Mathematics (Hindi) by RPH Editorial Board.
- Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy published by RS Aggarwal.
- Study Package Mathematics NDA & NA Entrance Exam – Arihant.
General Ability is known as the second paper of NDA exam and below are some of the reference books for the NDA examination 2019:
- History of Modern India (History) published by Bipan Chandra.
- Mammen Mathew.
- Science and Technology in India (Science and Technology) by Kalpana Rajaram- Spectrum
- Objective General English for Competitive Exams by S.P. Bakshi.
- Oxford School Atlas (Geography) – Oxford.
- Social Problems in India (Indian Society – GS1) – Ram Ahuja.
- Manorama Yearbook
Answer Key for NDA 2019:
- Within a few weeks after the NDA exam, the answer key is available online for the applicants.
- The candidates can check the answer key on UPSC official website and tally their answer.
- The answer key will help the candidates for the rough idea about the marks they can able to score in the respective examination and how they can plan their career forward in 2019.
- If the applicants have any doubt in any answer or if they feel that the key released for any particular question by UPSC is not correct then they can challenge the authorities for an explanation.
NDA Results for 2019:
- The results are revealed on the official website of UPSC. People participating in the exam need to have a close look at the site so that they can keep up with the updates.
- Post-exam the results takes almost a month to be declared online.
- Those candidates who have cleared the exams are only invited for the interview.
- The applicants are said to be shortlisted, and they are allowed to proceed for the interview organized by the Ministry Of Defence as an SSB or Services Selection board.
- Wait for final results to be delivered soon after the completion of the process.
Document Verification and Medical Examination:
- The Applicants are asked to carry the various original documents at 10+2 levels or its equivalent passing certificates to the SSB.
- After successfully qualifying the SSB round all his certificates are verified with the originals.
- The originals are handed over to the candidate once the document verification process is finished.
- The candidates clearing the SSB round need to proceed for the medical test.
- The medical test will take around three to five days for completion.
- Once the medical process finishes the final list comprising of the qualified candidates will be released.
Final Selection for NDA 2019:
The selection of candidates is based on every phase starting from the written examination, SSB interview, document verification and medical testing. The official prepares a merit list by marks scored in the NDA 2019 examination. The final selection is based on the national defense academy decision for the admission of some students for Navy, Army, and Airforce.